Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 26, 2017

Re: To Alexa development team

HI,

Thanks for the reply but that has not really given me any information.

CAn we take it that no release date is available for the UK?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

I have actually found a FLAW and a huge one at that. Its bugging me enough to the point Im actually a bit MAD about this.

So the 5th and everything was working aka alexa turn up the volume.

AND NOW for the last 3 days alexa ask bose to turn up the volume just to recieve the following response. Nothing is playing choose a preset etc etc.

HOW in the hell can you not even control the simplest of commands such as turning up the vuloume when something is playing thru BLUETOOTH. I was impressed I am not impressed as much anymore. Sonos is looking much better the more days this continues

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi code2medic, 

Thank you for the post. That's a great question. I have tested it on my end and can replicate the issue. I have sent this up to our software team to see if we can get clarification on this. When I hear back, I'll update the thread. 

Hi Scubaondown, 

I am not aware of a release date for this. If we hear of one, we will update the community. 

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Hi !  I have not been able to replicate the problem. I can play Bluetooth through my Bose ST20 (skill enabled and linked of course), and then say "Alexa, ask Bose to increase the volume in the Attic", and all works properly.  Also, I can decrease the volume, turn off the speaker, and all other functions operate properly.

If I am reading your post correctly, everything worked for a number of days, and then you ran into the problem?  Did I get that right?  Please let me know!

Thanks so much and Regards,

Steve

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2017

Yep read above your post the mod did replicate the issue. I don’t connect Alexa thru the sound touch you do so that maybe why but still it worked fine prior.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Dear Moderator or anyone:   

I hope this is not off topic:   

How can I reset my soundtouch account password so I can login with that skill in Alexa?     I can't find a bose login page (where I expected to see the ubiquitous "I forgot my password" prompt).  I have an account with the bose community, but Alexa is not accepting that.   How can I get my account password reset so Alexa will take the password....is there a URL I could use? 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

The "forgot password" option is on the app log in page. You need to log out first to get to that page. To log out, click on the menu icon in the upper left, select Settings > Account > Sign Out.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Many thanks on how to get to that "forgot password" option!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

Brent_B, I don't seem to be able to reproduce the "Bluetooth/Alexa can't change the volume problem", but I am very curious what you did to do so.  If you could message me that would be great.  I tried to message you, but I can't seem to be able to do this (maybe on purpose so you don't get flooded with messages? 🙂 😉  )  Thank you!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi code2medic, 

To address what Steve mentioned, I have now seen this functionality work successfully on another setup and have some additional questions for you. Do other commands work normally? If you ask Alexa to ask Bose to list your speakers does that work normally? Is Alexa able to list your presets as well? Also, can you try to disable and re-enable the skill and re-test? When this happens, can you open the SoundTouch app and see if there is an error message or if you notice anything unusual? Were you using a phone or tablet connected to your speaker via Bluetooth? Is it an Android device or iOS?  What streaming app/service are you using? Does the symptom change if you use a different app? Can you try to unplug your speaker and your Alexa device for thirty seconds and re-test? Please let me know. 

Thank you