Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2017

Tracking Soundtouch Speaker Location

We have a condo we rent out during the summer and thought it would be a nice amenity to have a Bose SoundTouch 20 in the unit.  Well, as we should have known, the Bose SoundTouch 20 was stolen by one of our tenants in a little over a month.  Since this speaker can be connected via Wifi, is there any way to track the location of the speaker using the serial number - kind of like "Find my IPhone" that Appple uses to track their products?  We have a short list of tenants and so if tracking is possible, we should be able to identify who stole the speaker.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: Tracking Soundtouch Speaker Location

Hi Brewt38,

Unfortunately there would be no way we could track the location of the speaker via serial number. If you have the serial number handy, I would recommend contacting the authorities and providing the serial number to them. They can typically monitor websites and local pawn shops to see if they can find the system via the serial number.

If you did not document your serial number at the time of purchase, we would be able to assist in retrieving that for you. I would recommend contacting your local support center. If you go to our global page HERE, you can select your country, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us". This should provide you with the phone number, email, and chat services for your country.

Thank you