Highlighted
allisonryder
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Trouble connecting turntable to soundtouch 300

Hi, I recently bought a soundtouch 300 along with a Bose wireless connector ($150 adaptor) but have had difficulty connecting a Sony PX record player with male rca outs only to this adaptor. While I was sold the adaptor to connect a turntable, Bose tech support says I cannot accomplish this. They suggest I get a cord to connect the HDMI input on my soundbar to the RCA cable on the turntable. Has anyone had luck connecting turn table with RCA out only directly to their sound touch 300? Do I need just a cord or an adaptor box? Any other way to do this?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Trouble connecting turntable to soundtouch 300

Hello allisonryder,

Thank you for your inquiry. It sounds like you purchased the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter. Is this correct? If so, you will not be able to wirelessly transmit audio from your turntable to the SoundTouch 300 soundbar at this time. The SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter is intended to connect to speakers that do not already have SoundTouch and/or Bluetooth capabilities. In many cases, this is perfect to bring newer streaming sources to older speakers. The adapter is currently capable of receiving wireless audio streams, not sending them. 

However, we are currently working on a new feature called 'AUX rebroadcast'. This feature would allow you to do exactly what you are looking for. We don't have any exact timing details at this time, but you can find the latest information here. In the meantime, there isn't an easy way to connect the turntable. The soundbar only accepts HDMI or digital optical audio connections. As you mentioned, your turntable uses an analog RCA audio output. There are 3rd-party digital to analog audio converters out there that you could try, but we can't guarantee that they won't hinder the audio quality. Another option you could consider would be a 3rd-party Bluetooth audio transmitter. Since the SoundTcouh 300 can receive Bluetooth audio, a Bluetooth transmitter may work for you. 

I hope this information helps!

Best regards,

Brian

Highlighted
allisonryder
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 21, 2017

Thanks, Brian. Question about using bluetooth — would the third-party device need to have an app interface to pair with the Soundtouch 300? I ask because the Soundtouch wireless link adapter that I had initially tried to use has bluetooth, but I could not pair it to the Soundtouch 300.

Allison

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi allisonryder,

Thank you for the question. Having an app interface is not a requirement to get a third party adapter to work. Curiously, you were trying to pair a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to a SoundTouch 300, correct? Although either of them can pair via Bluetooth without using the SoundTouch app, once a connection was made you would need to use the app to broadcast the signal to any additional system since both of these are engineered to be destination devices. I hope this helps clarify. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Andreas Winkelman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2017

Brian, any updates on this ST300-Turntable connectivity issue????

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hello Andreas Winkelman,

This issue should indeed be resolved after installing the latest version of the SoundTouch application and system firmware, which was released yesterday (10/17).

Please let us know if you experience any difficulties or have any questions regarding the issue! Thanks!

-Michael

Highlighted
Andreas Winkelman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2017

Thank you, I will try and let you know. Appreciated.