Legions
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

Trouble getting back to tv after using music

I cant seem to get my bose soundtouch 300 back to play sound on for tv. Im using hdmi arc, the soundbar only seems to play music when i try to do stuff through the app. I even tried to press the tv button, the aux button. I tried to do every different thing I can think of. Maybe im just not pressing the correct feature. I think i have everything updated as well.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Trouble getting back to tv after using music

Hi Legions,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Has this ever worked for you in the past?

Can we check the TV settings to make sure that HDMI ARC has been enabled?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Legions
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

@Brandon_Mwrote:

Hi Legions,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Has this ever worked for you in the past?

Can we check the TV settings to make sure that HDMI ARC has been enabled?

Let us know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Yes those settings were working before smoothly using the HDMI ARC. Now in order for me to have the system work I needed to plug in the Optical, by doing this I lose a few features, where I can't use the volume from my cable remote to speakers like before. I now have to use the Bose remote or app to control volume. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thanks for the info Legions.

What is the brand and model of your television?

Can we try switching HDMI-CEC to "Alternate On" or "Off" on the ST300?  Does this bring audio back?  I know this won't be a permanent solution, but it may lead us in the right direction.

Lets also try unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable from both ends.  Reconnecting that may reestablish the handshake and bring audio back.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Legions
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

@Brandon_Mwrote:

Thanks for the info Legions.

What is the brand and model of your television?

Can we try switching HDMI-CEC to "Alternate On" or "Off" on the ST300?  Does this bring audio back?  I know this won't be a permanent solution, but it may lead us in the right direction.

Lets also try unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI cable from both ends.  Reconnecting that may reestablish the handshake and bring audio back.

Best,

Brandon

No I tried the both recommendations and it still doesn't work with hdmi arc. My tv is a Samsung 65in ultra 4k curved tv. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi again,

Thanks for the update.  Is it possible for you to get the exact model number off of the TV or the owners manual?  I would like to escalate this issue and will need that info.

Another question:  When you were attempting to switch back and forth between TV and the App audio using a remote, were you using the SoundTouch remote or your cable box remote?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Michael0158
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

I have the exact TV as this user and I am also having the same issue.  Speaker is not connecting to TV However, I can play the music from the sound touch software on my iphone  through my Bose 300.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @Michael0158,

Thank you for the post, sorry to hear this is happening. What is the exact model number of your TV?

Let us know the result.

Kind Regards,

Joel

Highlighted
Legions
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

@Brandon_Mwrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for the update.  Is it possible for you to get the exact model number off of the TV or the owners manual?  I would like to escalate this issue and will need that info.

Another question:  When you were attempting to switch back and forth between TV and the App audio using a remote, were you using the SoundTouch remote or your cable box remote?

Best,

Brandon

Originally I was able to use my cable box remote when the sound was coming from hdmi arc to control sound, and it was able to use the app if i wanted, it even showed up on the tv as a dial so i know how high the volume was. Now I can't do these things using the optical and it doesn't show up on the tv anymore, I can change volume only using the bose remote or app. 

The exact model number is (UN65HU7250F)

Highlighted
Legions
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 6, 2018

@Michael0158wrote:

I have the exact TV as this user and I am also having the same issue.  Speaker is not connecting to TV However, I can play the music from the sound touch software on my iphone  through my Bose 300.

I can get the speaker to work using the optical lazer outlet but not with all the features i had before.