Highlighted
Ugo Nedurna
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

TuneIn high quality bitrate

Hi,

There are still several radio stations which are played with a low quality stream like mp3@32k although a high quality stream like 128k is available on other TuneIn apps (iPhone, Android, website) 

Could it be possible to set all stations by default on the highest bitrate available or at least to give listeners a choice between different streams?

VTuner seems to be better by selecting the right bitrate but unfortunately this service doesn't offer a favorite list feature which would be very useful.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: TuneIn high quality bitrate

Hi Ugo Nedurna,

Excellent question.  This isn't a feature right now, but I will send a recommendation up to engineering to have it added.

Is there a station that you are experiencing this on right now?  If I can get an example, I can escalate it via engineering and it'll have high priority.

Please let me know so we can get this looked at!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

Ugo Nedurna
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your reply.

One example is the French public music radio station FIP (which is quite famous arround the world) Smiley Wink

On the TuneIn app for iOS the 128k stream is selected by default and on the TuneIn app for Bose Soundtouch the bitrate seems to be at 32k.

Here is the link for this station from the TuneIn website : https://tunein.com/radio/FIP-1051-s15200/

There are other examples, especially among French public radio like the major station France Inter

Best regards

Ugo

Hi Ugo,

Thank you for giving us examples of what is happening. I will pass this along to development. If there is any additional information needed, we will reach out to you.

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

2New
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 29, 2018

Hi

I'm new to this community, so I would like to say hello to everyone.

I've experienced exactly the same problem. That was for Dubstep.fm radio station - adding it through the "Internet radio" option resulted in much better quality compare to when listening it from TuneIn service. I confirm that 128k and 192k streams are available for Dubstep.fm in TuneIn website.

Regards;

Robert

Hi 2New,

Welcome to the community! I will pass this along to engineering as well for you. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out to you.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support