Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

TuneIn information does not show song title & artist

Hello,

I'm a frequent listener of the radio: Klara Continuo. For this stream the display of my ST's 30/20 does not show titles and artist. When I play the same stream in my car (TuneIn app) the information is shown. So the expected information is part of stream on TuneIn platform.

When I play the stream MNM hits titles & artists are shown on the display of the ST's 30/20.

Both stations are serviced by the Flemish public radio.

Is there a reason why although present the display does not show the info for the station Klara Continuo?

Same problem for the station Klara. In both case I've to check in parallell the website to consult the info regarding artitst & tile.

Thx in advance for helping me out,

Stream: MP3: http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/klaracontinuo-high.mp3

Stream: MP3: http://icecast.vrtcdn.be/klara-high.mp3 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: TuneIn information does not show song title & artist

Hi Silla,

Thank you for taking the time to post to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the display feedback for SoundTouch speakers.

As noted on the TuneIn website, this information is processed and pulled and passed between TuneIn to the SoundTouch systems using metadata provided by the stream, which is interesting to note that is working successfully from your car but not the speaker on the same station source. Further information on how this information is processed can be found directly on TuneIn's website, HERE.

Has radio information ever translated to the speakers successfully, or has this issue began recently? Have you attempted any basic troubleshooting? I would recommend performing a product and router reset. This can be done by disconnecting the router and speaker from power, leaving for 60 seconds, then reconnecting - first the router and allowing time to fully power on, followed by the speaker.

Have you tested manually entering the URL's for the streams, bypassing TuneIn? This can be done by opening the SoundTouch app, pressing the Menu button > Settings > Stream Custom Radio URL. You can also save this as a preset after playback has initiated on your speaker by pressing, and holding, the relevant preset button on either the remote for your SoundTouch speaker or physical button on top of the speaker until a tone is heard to signify the preset has been saved.

Kind regards,

Andy - Community Support

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Dear Andy_B,

Thank you for your reply.

Idd for the above mentioned stations the "now playing" has never been displayed on my Bose system. Before posting my query I've tried to copy/paste the url from the VRT website:

https://www.vrt.be/nl/aanbod/kijk-en-luister/radio-luisteren/streamingslinks-radio/

The stream works in both cases; however no information is displayed.

Is there a possibility that you contact TuneIn?

Brgds,

Hi Silla, 

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We can certainly pass this information on over to Tunein to see if they can provide us with some further information. May I ask, have you attempted any further troubleshooting steps similar to the previous post to see if this may resolve the issue?

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Silla
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2016

Dear Leon,

The same issue is present for multiple streams (public and private):

Playing the music on webplayer shows artist/title and album art, when playing these stations on Bose only the title of the station shows up on the display.

Another examples that can help you out to analyse:

• the station: Soul Radio www.soulradio.nl -> shows artist/title and album art
  • the station: Classic FM -> subradio Classic fm chill out -> artitst/tiltle -> whereas Classic fm no info?

Brgds, Silla