Re: TuneIn is not an Internet Radio Replacement

Hi @tchervenov,

Thank you for the post.

I have raised those stations to development for you. 

If there is any additional information needed, I will reach out to you.

For the station you're unable to find, please comment HERE.

Warm Regards,

Joel 

Hello zraok2075,

Thanks for the update.

I'm happy to hear everything is working for you now!

Warm Regards,

Joel 

frebergite@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I bought ST speakers BECAUSE of sound quality.  The internet url streming was a non-negotiable. At the time, all of the options I considered had hte internet radio option.  All popular stereo receivers offer this option as well.  It's not as though it's difficult to do.  Limiting your customers to TuneIn is NOT an enhancement.  This is the definition of PUSHING what the supplier wants the market to consume. 

I'm not drinking the KoolAid.  I'm going to go out of my way to spend my future entertainment dollars with direct competitors.

I know this won't motivate Bose but it will surely make me feel better about what I can control.  And that's my wallet.

Woutus
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Same here. Very upset at this loss of functionality. I will return my 2 soundtouch stereos if this isn't fixed properly...
popzon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Yes, I completely agree with u, Bose prouduct is made for theirself but not the customer, I buy soundtouch sa-5 because I can listen "internet radio" but not Tunein. Why the app is so closed like IOS? 

what most important is, Tunein was blocked by the China goverment, that's means every bose user can't listen web radio again in the mainland of China.

Pls think twice before update!!!!

cyxx
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 12, 2017

Is a shame... great sound from their products, but no response to the feedback of their users.

Now theres a new product line, with no compatibility with the previous one... since we will need to invest in new products, this open a door for all of us to keep Bose as our brand of choice, or change everything to another brand. 

now that I experienced bose support about users requests ^ compatibility, will think it twice about the investment this time.

Clarke
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

This is a nightmare!

My wife uses our 2 Bose SoundTouch systems to listen to the radio and she loved the fact she could just push a button to select a station. She doesnt have a clue about apps and has now begged me to go out and buy her a new DAB radio that she can use instead. Thanks Bose - major marketing error on your part and and an expensive mistake on mine. 

Minos46a
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Bose doesn't care about the clients. Just money... the proof: no progress in 6 days about the problems with the TuneIn system. The only way is now to quit this trademark and go for example to Sonos or other quality alternatives

@Clarke wrote:

This is a nightmare!

My wife uses our 2 Bose SoundTouch systems to listen to the radio and she loved the fact she could just push a button to select a station. She doesnt have a clue about apps and has now begged me to go out and buy her a new DAB radio that she can use instead. Thanks Bose - major marketing error on your part and and an expensive mistake on mine. 

Highlighted
clearcomms
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

Just a thought, folks.

Have you all gone into the app, clicked the Feedback button (one of the options offered by clicking the three horizontal lines in the top left of the app), and taken the survey? In it, if you click the last option, Something Else, a space appears where you can tell them why you feel the way you do.

Let’s go, people!  Bose are, they say, anxious to know what you think of how they are doing. “Feedback” offers a very good way to tell them.

Nadia1981
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

I’m not happy with this change either!

I bought the Soundtouch specifically because they had (1) presets and (2) internetradio so I could listen to my fav radiostations from Dash Radio with just a click on the button. But now Soundtouch has become very useless or as one before me mentioned, very very expensive bluetooth speakers. 

Considering selling Soundtouch and switching to Sonos. I can live without the preset buttons but not with the limited choices Bose shoved down our throats.