Billy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2015

Re: TuneIn is not an Internet Radio Replacement

Yep, I think Bose's idea of publicity is that bad publicity is also publiciy: tweakers.net

afirokk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Tunein not a live brodcast here in Iceland we have two hours delay on our local radiostation With Tunein. What´s the point in listening to live brodcast two ours later?!! 

KurticusRex
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

Agreed this is a loss of functionality. I personally didn't'/don't use Internet Radio - but for those who do I'm sure this another in a long string of software-based disappointments from Bose.

I have 6 SoundTouch devices and love them. Sound great. Great Bose audio hardware. But as we all know - Bose has absolutely no idea what they're doing when it comes to software OK, AdaptIQ is great - but that's not really what we're talking about - which is software services & support. 

I don't know how Bose executive management can get up in the morning and look in the mirror knowing that Sonos is handing them their a$$ every.single.day when it comes to software. Personally, I will NEVER upgrade to the new Smart Home Bose products or whatever they are, simply BECAUSE they have Amazon Alexa built in. NO THANK YOU. Alexa is a great AI engine - fast, yes. But we're talking about AMAZON here - and we all know they'd sell their own children to obtain more private data from consumers. I'll never give them the satisfaction of profiting from my data and getting NOTHING in return.

I have this small sliver of hope that Bose will continue supporting the SoundTouch line, if for no other reason than to give consumers a non-Alexa-Jeff-Bezos-and-the-NSA-have-a-direct-feed-of-our-every-comment option.

/endrant

Leonschnuck
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

From now on Bose Soundtouch is nothing more than a bunch of crap.

Realy sad and who knows, maybe this fault will lead the whole series sunset.

Kashgar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

This is what I would call a ‘planned obsolescence ‘ from Bose. My 2 SoundTouch speakers cannot be used anymore for what i bought them. Listen to local internet radios. And easiness of use. Not because, those radios stopped. Not because the technology has evolved. No...just because Bose decided to push an update that I couldn’t reject. Without my consent. My mother who’s not used with internet and computer is lost. I was planning to buy 2 new ones. But now, ...
I have got the bad feeling that this is a s if you buy a car and that your car supplier was blocking it for ever from a remote place in the middle of the traffic. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Bose must fix this as soon as possible.
Kashgar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

This is what I would call a ‘planned obsolescence ‘ from Bose. My 2 SoundTouch speakers cannot be used anymore for what i bought them. Listen to local internet radios. And easiness of use. Not because, those radios stopped. Not because the technology has evolved. No...just because Bose decided to push an update without my consent that I couldn’t reject. My mother who’s not used with internet and computer is lost. I was planning to buy 2 new ones. But now, ...
I have got the bad feeling that this is a s if you buy a car and that your car supplier was blocking it for ever from a remote place in the middle of the traffic. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Bose must fix this as soon as possible
AngryofMayfair
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

It’s been obvious for weeks now - ever since Bose released their new streaming system that is not backwards compatible with our ST units - this is the beginning of the end for SoundTouch...

The sun is setting...

The best we can all do is to flood the media and any review sites with the real truth about SoundTouch products to stop anyone else from buying this rubbish, it;s the least we can do...

a class action to get a refund as compensation for the hundreds and thousands of dollars we have spent would also be one way to get back at this bad move by a non-caring, non-communicating corp who’s days must surely be numbered - no way can they survive in a world where bad news travels so fast....

avour
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jul 15, 2016

+1

geezafong
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I also agree, please bring back the original 'Internet radio'. I use TuneIn radio on my phone. Although it hasnt got my favourite radio stations, there is an option to input custom URL. They should bring this option to the SoundTouch app or update the TuneIn side to include this..

Having a sound touch 20 and 30 for years has now becoming obsolete as I use this solely for internet radio from malaysia. Although TuneIn has a wide variety of stations, it doesnt have the ones i want.

Looking at new internet radios this black Friday so i hope BOSE will fix soon.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts and feedback.

Can you let me know what stations you're experiencing poor audio quality on TuneIn so we can investigate this for you?

If there is a station that is not available on TuneIn, let us know HERE.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support