NoneMe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

What is the reason to leave Internet Radio out. It did work quite well. At least until the latest update.

Now the presets are not working. The option to choose Internet Radio is still there, but I get an error (1029).

I see no reason why I should tunein for asking to get my station, it is already online. Just leave the function in!!

debhudon
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

my favourite stations are gone, they are not on tunein.  How do we contact them to ask for stations to be added?  Not too impressed with this change, none of my presets work now, error 1029.  

wdevine
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

I have lost all presets on my 3 soundtouch devices.  This is just so frustrating.  Am quickly losing faith in your proocess of changing what I thought I was going to get when I purchased a Soundtouch 20, 30 and a soundbar in the last couple of years.

How do I get my preset radio stations back?

Robojod Lounge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2017

Same problem here in Germany! I want Internet Radio back!! At least it seems that we're not alone with the problems...

Robojod Lounge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2017

OK - just figured out, you have to log in to TunedIn and then look for the names of the Internet Radio stations ... we found almost all of our favorites... and were able then to replace them on the Presets...

Better would've been an update of the App with clearer instructions, but all's well that ends well - and sounds great!

Robojod Lounge
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 23, 2017

Actually TunedIn seems to be great - offerering all sorts of services like free foreign language podcasts, episodes, internet radio stations ... just a shame that Bose isn't informing us better!

Highlighted
david@davidbushdesign.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

So, Tony A, the receptivity to making changes should fall back on bose. None of my presets (internet radio) are available. Don't like it and won't use. You guys ruined my setup with this change.

Won't recommend Bose at all. 

debhudon
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

"If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes."

No they are not!  I just contacted their support, and they are not adding any new radio stations.  So this change is really awful.  I have lost all my presets and all my favourite stations thanks to this move.  And Tunein is not receptive in any way at all.

"Thank you for reaching out to us. We are no longer adding new stations to our directory at this time. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for your continued support of TuneIn!

Kindly write us back should you have any other concerns"

DavidBrooks
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

So TuneIn is replacing your own Internet pass-thru. Fine. Whatever. But the impact of you suddenly making this change is that ordinary, innocent, not-very-tech-aware customers suddenly have their presets not working. On a Sunday morning. And if it occurs to them to go to the app, they get a useless "(1029)" as an explanation. And no pointers to this forum.

It is UTTERLY unconscionable is that you have made no move to prepare customers for this. At a minimum, I would expect (a) email to registered users some days/weeks in advance (b) push a speaker update so that "sorry, we have removed this feature, please go to the app" appears in the display (I have a Soundtouch 20) and (c) push an update to the app so that an attempt to tune to an Internet stream points to the TuneIn option.

This is no way for a consumer-oriented company to treat consumers, no matter how technically adept they are.

Mrdesclos
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

I bougth a soundtouch 20 2 years ago with internet radio function. Now Bose decided to stop this function. Can I now have a refund-action ???

The flemish radio's can only received with 15 min delay !!! 

Very covinient ! Thanks Bose !

We need the internet radio function back !