Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

It seems that vTuner turned off their Bose servers.  With Bose terminating their business, seems like the classy thing to do. Bose, what are you going to do about this?  This leaves us with a bad transition.  Not enough time to transfer our favourites.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Do a search in google for "sony vTuner peter johnson"  You will find a forum with the type of action that vTuner typically does, when a company replaces them with Tunein.  They reduce or turn off the service in temper tantrum.

Excerpt from that board

Re: vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

As I posted a few days ago:

So here we are, answer of Peter Johnson CEO of vTuner per e-mail:

"Sony only pays for 4,000 stations so they only get 4,000 stations. It is in the contract.

vTuner used to be very nice to Sony but then Sony decided to go use vTuner competition (TuneIn). TuneIn is a company who enjoys ripping off vTuner's station listing and then selling it back to Sony. Sony knew that TuneIn did this before they switched to TuneIn from vTuner.

That is the reason frankly!"

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 7, 2014

Hi - it seems that not all radio stations are available (Australia - Sydney). Also the latency is painfully long switching to a TuneIn station. Anyone else experience this lag time?

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi QuilpieGuy

Thanks for writing in!

We've made the move to TuneIn because it has a very reliable and robust stream and should have the same content as Internet Radio from vTuner.  If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

This is a shame!

https://www.rtbf.be/info/dossier/bon-a-savoir/detail_radios-en-streaming-des-problemes-techniques-in...

We will never be able to listen to VRT or La Première...

Before moving to another strategy, Bose had to think a little bit of its consumers... 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Hi

once more you remove a feature that works (normal internet radio)

Why?

In other words Put it back!Please.

TuneIn takes forever to load

and 

i get the1029 error when i start the app and have to tap Ok to continue

You did the same with Latest Played list and then ”gave” it back to us continue....

regards

Lennart

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Please bring back internet radio!!!! TuneIn takes minutes to load, it's really getting me angry. Switching streams could take up to more than 3 minutes, it's absolutely rubbish! 

At this point I'm ready to sell my Soundtouch 300 and buy a device which can actually do the things you can expect when you buy a €700,- speaker!!!!! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

And it takes forever to change preset station

over 1 minute or fails and have to press station again

In other words It don’t work even close to radio functionality

Very frustrating

😡Lennart

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Bose. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back internet radio. Tunein is a backward step.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

So - with nothing working this morning - I’ve spent more than an hour rebooting my Bose SoundTouch and trying to reconnect it. I now find that the problem is that my Internet Radio presets have all been disconnected by Bose and can’t be used (I just get an error code). Even worse, the two stations I listen to nearly all the time are not on TuneIn and cannot be added. Grrrr.

Why did you not warn users that this was happening and allow us to still use existing stations until things could be sorted? Very poor consumer service.
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hello Bose...

The fact is TuneIn is making money with stuff they do not own (like Belgian Radio Stations). As these Stations asked TuneIn to stop this, TuneIn simply removed many belgian radio stations from their "services".

As you made TuneIn the only available choice... All belgian customers are screwed.

As my SoundTouch 10 is not working anymore as intended, can I have my money back ?

By the way Sonos speaker do allow to enter streaming addresses directly, so there is no need of a service provider as TuneIn. Can you enable this in the SoundTouch as well ?

A better move will be the re-enable the service Internet Radio as it was before... Is it too much to ask ?