Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

@Tony_A wrote:

We've made the move to TuneIn because it has a very reliable and robust stream and should have the same content as Internet Radio from vTuner.  If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes.

Sorry Tony, but thats not true.

At least not here in Germany.

TuneIn is very slow on BOSE Soundtouch devices and takes sometimes half an eternity to load or change a station.

But thats only a BOSE problem!

On my computers or tablets TuneIn is fast.

But apart from that, it is a cheek to turn off a service to customers without informing them! I am pissed off!

It took me more than two hours today to figure out why Internet radio no longer works on my three soundtouch devices.

If you had at least taken out the menu item 'Internet Radio' under 'Services'. But that one is still in there, as if nothing had happened.

Sometimes I really wonder how you Americans managed to fly to the moon.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I completely AGREE with you !
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I’ve just checked with my regional radio station that has been broadcasting for many years. They confirm that TuneIn has not been accepting new stations for a while and that I can’t listen to them on TuneIn. As others have commented, did Bose not think this through?
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2017

"Sometimes I really wonder how you Americans managed to fly to the moon."

I believe that was because they were very ably assisted by German scientists.

Maybe Bose could call an the assists from them again to sort this out.

I too have to wait forever before a stream starts using TuneIn.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2018

This isn't great, quite a lot of stations (some that I listen to daily) that were available on the old system that aren't on TuneIn so not too happy about that.

Also noticed the performance on TuneIn has really dropped today, took 2 minutes to start playing stations this morning and dropped a load of my presets.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Tony_A wrote:

"We've made the move to TuneIn because it has a very reliable and robust stream and should have the same content as Internet Radio from vTuner.  If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes."

This is *not* true. TuneIn does *not* have the same content and probably never will because there are legal issues between TuneIn and radio stations (as the nationnal belgian ones).

By moving to "TuneIn only" without the ability to input directly an url, my Soundtouch 10 is less efficient, less powerful, less convinient that it was a few days ago. As is it now, it is almost useless to me. This is not what I paid for. I never paid for it few months ago if it was like it is now.

Please, fix this.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2016

Hi ”Bose”

As I wrote above:

1. When you removed Latest Played I complained that reducing functionality was a very surprising productdevelopment, in that case you removed a funcionality I payed for....And later you put it back
  2. Now you once more removed a function that was part of the product(s) I already bought and paid for. 
  3. Actually I expect added and improvements in the products. Period!!
  4. Sorry to say this but I will not recommend your products even though I like the look and soundquality and I whish I had choosen another productline and supplier

😡😡Lennart

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Really? there was a perfectly good working service (internetradio) wich you decided to stop without any prior notice to all users, also without even mentioning this in the app, and now if we have problems, we as customers should contact the provider of the service you replaced it with? You can’t be serious the delay of TuniIn can run up to 15 minutes ... so I get the six-o-clock-news at 6.15 from now on?

I bought my ST10 about a year ago, only for the purpose of listening to internet-radio ... since you’ve killed the main functionality for this speaker, can I get a full refund? 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hi,

I've lost 20 minutes going through the same process this morning.
More annoying though is the bitrate quality of some radio stations available on TuneIn: France Inter on TuneIn through Soundtouch can only be found in poor bitrate stream.

This is unacceptable, Internet Radio featured a high quality stream for this station. 

I am dissapointed by Bose, my pre-selected keys are useless now. This was one of the unique selling point vs. competition.

Please bring back internet radio and give the choice to your customers.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 27, 2015

This is really really bad!

I'm using internet radio everyday and suddenly it stops working today. I'm in Sydney Australia and no stations are available in Tunein.