Contributor
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

After several tortured hours of re-attaching my Bose Wave SoundTouch to my router - in the belief that there was something amiss with the connection, last night - I eventually come across this thread (today).  Well, in a manner of speaking, that's quite a relief, but I could have done with a bit of nitification so as not to have suffered the angst ridden hours last night when I wanted to listen to a particular radio show.

Internet Radio was fine - not sure why you had to ditch it BOSE.   

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hello Bose,

Thanks to your complete lack of communicating this change for the worse I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why instead of Internet Radio I only get a stupid technical error message. Thanks for wasting my time.

So for starters, you have completely dropped the ball in communicating this to your customers, whose satisfaction should be your one top priority.

On top of it, TuneIn as a replacement has terrible latency when changing stations as well as cutting out all the time.

This is really a very bad move - executed unprofessionally.

I hope you come up with a better solution quickly - don't bother spending so much money on your marketing if you offer such poor service, your customers will certainly not be recommending buying your products when you treat them this way.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Reading the threads, the most charitable conclusion is that vTuner shut Bose off yesterday without prior notice, and that "we decided to switch to TuneIn" is a face-saving fudge. Because that's the only acceptable reason that we got no prior notice (my SoundTouch 20 didn't even mention a switch to TuneIn). But Bose is my provider,so they own making this right. So, where's my email? You have it in your records, and it should be easy to send out a blast. I'd like someone from Bose to comment on this please.

That's being charitable. I seriously doubt you didn't see this coming.

As to TuneIn, now they have some captive customers I doubt they'll be able to resist monetizing them. We'll see. And please don't start working with iHeart: if you do, I will throw out my device.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

My Bose ST 20 now has a new download and no longer will play from internet sources.  Please advise

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

What is really fun is Bose is still on the vTuner Partners page... 

http://www.vtuner.com/partners/index.html

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Same problem.  After wasting time troubleshooting, I find this change was ìmplemented with no notice.  I liked my st enough to buy some for my friends.  Thank You Bose.  I know what NOT to shop for this year.  Can you recommend another another brand of speaker that still works please?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Bose has had a notice on the Internet radio section (in the app) since at least the 5th that they were switching.  I guess it took some time for vTuner react in a typically bad way.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

@bart1000 wrote:

Bose has had a notice on the Internet radio section (in the app) since at least the 5th that they were switching.  I guess it took some time for vTuner react in a typically bad way.

I don't disbelieve you, but I don't recall seeing it and my copy of the app is up to date (I'm not at home now so I can't double-check). It's the Windows version, if that makes a difference. But I rarely need to open the app anyway; the preset buttons serve my daily needs.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Same here.  i used the presets.  Now i can use the stouch as a BT speaker or a door-stop.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hi BOSE,

Any reaction at least?