Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

@bart1000 wrote:

Bose has had a notice on the Internet radio section (in the app) since at least the 5th that they were switching.  I guess it took some time for vTuner react in a typically bad way.

I use the app a lot, but I definitely didn't get any indication that the Internet radio service was going to be shut down.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Marticow wrote:

Hi BOSE,

Any reaction at least? 

It is like in all customer forums, when it becomes difficult the moderators have disappeared.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 27, 2015

Big mistake, i am ditching all my Bose stuff and wil get soemthing that you can trust and is future proof.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

I hear conference calls and lawyers....   I don't think Bose tends to do unplanned / abrubtly turn stuff off type of actions. They just did not expect to work with vengefull business partners.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

This afternoon i asked Bose on Twitter (@BoseNL) soms questions about this situation. They replied with;

(Dutch)
Klopt dat er vandaag wel enkele problemen waren in verband met het afspelen van radio via TuneIn. We doen ons uiterste best om dit zo snel mogelijk te verhelpen.
Onze exuses voor het ongemak!

(English)
It is true that there were some problems today with regard to playing radio via TuneIn. We are doing our utmost to remedy this as soon as possible.
Our exuses for the inconvenience!

I'll hope they fix this asap! I'm really considering selling my Bose crap
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I've found some interesting things on the net.

We can call ourselves lucky not to have bought any Sony devices.

Sony has stopped vtuner after weeks of silence without offering a replacement service.

The customers had to buy an additional device to listen to internet radio.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/S1Q0495

So you gotta be glad you're a Bose customer. 😉

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Are they really ditching Internet Radio for TuneIn? None of the radio channels I listen to are on TuneIn. This is what I use the speaker for 90% of the time.

The only solution I can think of is to stream it via Bluetooth, which completely defeats the purpose of having an internet enabled device.

Sort it out Bose. Either give us access to Internet Radio again, or get TuneIn to add more channels. It's a joke. Especially as there was zero warning about this (and even since then, a 1029 error code isn't very helpful is it?)

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@NoneMe wrote:

What is the reason to leave Internet Radio out. It did work quite well. At least until the latest update.

Now the presets are not working. The option to choose Internet Radio is still there, but I get an error (1029).

I see no reason why I should tunein for asking to get my station, it is already online. Just leave the function in!!

Find your stations in TuneIn and press an hold the preset it will replace vTuner(internet radio) preset.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 27, 2015

over the moon......

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@wdevine wrote:

I have lost all presets on my 3 soundtouch devices.  This is just so frustrating.  Am quickly losing faith in your proocess of changing what I thought I was going to get when I purchased a Soundtouch 20, 30 and a soundbar in the last couple of years.

How do I get my preset radio stations back?

Search for your radio stations in TuneIn, press and hold the corresponding VTuner preset. The TuneIn station preset will overwrite the VTuner preset. All speakers will be updated accordingly.