rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

david@davidbushdesign.com wrote:

So, Tony A, the receptivity to making changes should fall back on bose. None of my presets (internet radio) are available. Don't like it and won't use. You guys ruined my setup with this change.

Won't recommend Bose at all. 

You need to reset your presets using TuneIn. Find your station in TuneIn, press and hold the corresponding VTuner preset, the TuneIn station will overwrite.

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi QuilpieGuy

Thanks for writing in!

We've made the move to TuneIn because it has a very reliable and robust stream and should have the same content as Internet Radio from vTuner.  If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Whew...I was wondering what was going on with my trusty SoundTouch setup this morning. I tried the usual reboot protocol and nothing seemed to work. There was an update waiting and it ran but still no luck.  Dead presets channels! Then on to the Community where I found your TuneIn announcement. 

Tony I dont know if there was a way to better notify SoundTouch users about the change to TuneIn as the default internet music service, this was a surprise but a relief as well. I updated my presets in the usual way and everything is working fine. 

I dont know the ins and outs of TuneIn v VTuner but I have used both services. It did seem VTuner was showing less and less stations. I was fortunately able to find all my regular channels on TuneIn. 

I am am curious what the TuneIn specs are, bit rate etc.

I noticed the “internet radio” section is still visible but not responding. Will a future update remove that?

Georges Heyen
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Regien
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hi

I replaced my preset from internet radio to the same channel on tuneln but I have a strange problem now: my favorite radiostation is 15 min behind. I always listen to VRT radio 1 it's my time keeper. Now I can't hear it live anymore. 

How do I solve this?

debhudon
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

@Tony_A wrote:

We've made the move to TuneIn because it has a very reliable and robust stream and should have the same content as Internet Radio from vTuner.  If you are having any troubles finding the stations you're looking for, I'd definitely recommend contacting TuneIn as they're very receptive to making changes.

Hello... anyone there from Bose that wants to talk to us owners?  The information you have provided that Tunein is VERY receptive to making additions is absolute LIES.   

They have no intention of adding any more stations, I asked them, they said a flat no.  And my favourite Belgian stations are totally gone. 

I went so far as to contact one of my favourite internet stations to request that they contact Tunein as well.  Guess what... they were also REFUSED by Tunein. 

I am seriously miffed by the way this was handled.  No heads up, no advance warning, no explanations,  Just a cold switch that left us all searching, rebooting, reconnecting our speakers, and countless error messages.  Which by the way are still popping up randomly as I try to une this inferior Tunein service.  You guys have really let us owners down.  Can Bose at least contact Tunein and ask them to add the stations that were just dropped like hot potatoes?  It's called Customer Relations....  

stef_bib
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I am disgusted.

1) BOSE changes the Internet radio service without informing its customers.

2) the service set up with Tunneln does not allow to select the stream (because many radio on Tunneln have different streams) : result pathetic sound far far away from BOSE pretentions and reputation !

This is the last time I buy a BOSE product.

Highlighted
swastik82
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 23, 2015

Hello Tony_A

Is it really true that Bose has stopped Internet Radio and we have to use TuneIn? When I called the Bose service centre here in India, I was told that there is a server issue in Asia region and will be fixed soon. Can you please clarify?

Also if it is true, can you provide set by step instruction to use TuneIn and configure with the preset  buttons?

Thanks a lot. 

Emmel
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Georges Heyen wrote:
Same problem as @labwo

It is a pity to get rid of stations that capture together more or less half of the audience in our country

. Bose should provide the users with a way to add own streaming urls, no need to rely only on TuneIn of similar broadcasters.  Until you provide us with a solution, my SoundTouch is basically useless,  I am interrested in :

Did you try it on the web?

Please check it: https://tunein.com/radio/Belgium-r100304/

You've got to check every location in Belgium.

It is a shame but many station are not to be found over the search field in TuneIn.

Donelio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

BOSE we want vtuner back! In Italy 90% of regional radio is'nt on tune in! TuneIn sucks! I've bought a Bose product with internet radio service and now this service change without advice and...sucks!
Regien
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Did you try it on the web?

Please check it: https://tunein.com/radio/Belgium-r100304/

You've got to check every location in Belgium.

I tried it! It works on my computer without a delay! So the problem is a bose problem I think,because on my device (Soundtouch  10) it's still 15 min behind and completly useless for me.