Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

I found all my favorite radios, but the quality of streams is very very low, I think 32-64 kbps.
"GREAT JOB" bose
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

It’s a shame 

bose systems completely obsolete for 4 millions people in Belgium : rtbf medias censored by bose 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

https://www.rtbf.be/info/dossier/bon-a-savoir/detail_radios-en-streaming-des-problemes-techniques-in...

Bose will say that it's TuneIn problem. Belgium radios said that TuneIn has to pay a fee to use streaming service. TuneIn refuse, then radios stop to allow TuneIn to forward streaming from radio source... 

Nice loop... and the consumer can just change its hardware/brand, buy a new one and pray that the service will remain in the next few years...

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I emailed TuneIn, and this is the response I got:

"If the station you would like to hear is not available in our directory, you can contact them directly by visiting their website and ask them to send their stream to us, so that it can be available in TuneIn. At TuneIn, we connect you with streams from over 100,000 radio stations from around the globe, however, we are neither the station nor the streaming host."

So the response seems to be:

Bose: not our problem

TuneIn: not our problem

I'm so annoyed with this. This is an expensive product and Bose have just decided to turn off the one thing I use it for most.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Same problem and request as Georges, Bose should provide the users with a way to add own streaming urls

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

I emailed TuneIn, and this is the response I got:

"If the station you would like to hear is not available in our directory, you can contact them directly by visiting their website and ask them to send their stream to us, so that it can be available in TuneIn. At TuneIn, we connect you with streams from over 100,000 radio stations from around the globe, however, we are neither the station nor the streaming host."

I tried that, I asked my favourite station to please contact Tunein, and they did so right away.  In fact, they have been requesting an add for a long time on the service, and guess what, Tunein flatly refused to add the station.

Tunein in rubbish.  Bring back the old system please.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I also found out the hard way, but the mac PC app still comes up with a 1029 error code as you load it.

Will that be fixed and will the internet radio menu option be removed to stop the error message as well?

Many thanks

Steve

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Bose should provide the users with a way to add own streaming urls

I absolutely agree.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi everyone,

We have a message from the software team regarding the 1029 errors:

We are currently experiencing a service interruption with Internet Radio which may affect a preset on your SoundTouch device using this service. To use presets with your preferred radio station, you can use the TuneIn service available via the SoundTouch app. 

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Since the last update (TuneIn) there is a problem here (in Belgium). The dutch speaking stations are 15 minutes late, the french speaking stations disappeared. Especially the time lapse is extremely annoying. It appears that with every software update another problem is created.