Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

BS! You just pushed a new IOS APP saying Bye bye Internet radio. You just removed it, there no technical difficulties.... but for the customers. Restore the old internet radio. If tun in is that good it will show by itself
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

One, a silent update removing feature.
Two, 12 hours of silence.
Three, a lie as an excuse.
Four, another update, officially confirming point One, and proving Three is lie.

Bose's crisis managment at its best ?!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

So it's true. In the move to TuneIn a number of internet stations are no longer available. Bose this is aweful treatment of your customer base! Please add a feature to allow us to add custom internet streaming URLs or restore access to the old service! 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

It's confirmed in this post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-App-and-Speaker-Firmware-Update-Availab...

Internet Radio getting ditched and replaced by TuneIn.

If I want to to continue using my speaker I'll either have to stream from my phone/laptop via Bluetooth or see if there's a way of developing my own app to access their API to stream directly from a URL. I work as an app developer, so it's definitely an option, although I expect so much better from Bose.

A premium product with third class customer service.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

After spending hours trying to resolve what I thought were my connection problems with my radio presets and learned what was really going on, I filled out Bose's "contact Us" form and wrote of my complaints only to get a message saying "something went wrong" and they couldn't process my email. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to let off steam here on this forum; here is what I wrote: My internet radio presets have been the backbone of my SoundTouch speaker use for years. I just spent far too much time trying to fix a problem that wasn't in fact with my system. "Hmmm, that didn't work" and "Loading" and "Can't seem to find your speaker: are NOT adequarte responses when in fact one system has been replaced with another, with no warniong or indciation of the transition, forcing one into interacting with an entity with whom they have no agreement or relationship. This is incredibly high-handed and unethical behavior, and forcing me to engage with a company I know nothing about borders on bullying. Please bring back the internet radio presets back into service.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

@charlieejn wrote:

It's confirmed in this post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/SoundTouch-App-and-Speaker-Firmware-Update-Availab...

Most charitable interpretation of events: vTuner turned off Bose access without warning (or, at least, earlier than they had planned) on a Sunday. Monday, Bose developers scramble to prepare the device and app updates for push as soon as possible. The community guys are left high and dry without a corporate information flow for about a day, pretty much SOP. For once, my sympathies, because been there done that. Of course, none of this mitigates TuneIn's shortcomings with range of offerings and bandwidth options.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

The app update (Windows, anyway) just got pushed...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2018

I completely agree, this is a shame.

And Bose doesn't offer the possibility to add manualy an URL like Sonos does !

Sonos is really the reference in wireless speakers and Bose has still to learn a lot from them... I regret my choice for Bose !

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2016

If TuneIn has the same streams as vTuner (as Bose are saying), does anyone know where the UK specific stream of BBC radio 5 live is? This is the only station I listen to and I can't find it.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

5 live just comes up as a trending station on my app in the UK.

Perhaps there are some location restrictions at play as well limiting the scope of world wide listening further.