Contributor
Registered since

Sep 1, 2016

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

TuneIn only carries the international version of 5 live, not the UK only one like vTuner. This affects sports commentaries mainly due to licensing. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 6, 2018

Bose just pushed out new desktop software and firmware to remove vTuner.   I don't think many people appreciate the resources they just moved to kill off a terrorist company trying to mess with them.

That was QUICK!.  Congratulations to Bose on their fast response to a bad situation. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Srsly, **bleep**. Why can you not simply add a URL? AFAIK TuneIn and vTuner and such are just an attempt by third parties to monetize property (internet radio streams) that they don't own, and Bose is being a bad actor by falling for their subsidy and fobbing it off on users as a free service with a feint to copyright law to justify it. Total horseSchitt. 

Hey Sountouch developers -- tell your money people to STFU and add the ability to stream a .pls

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

If vTuner we’re trying to stiff them one and they had to get out then so be it. But, the issue is there was no warning and we have no choice with providers. I only found out after trying to reconnect etc didn’t work and I came on here (which I didn’t know existed until yesterday cos my ST20 has been great since I got it +2yrs ago). Now the only choice is TuneIn. Out of the 6 presets I had I could only find 2 on TuneIn (and one of those is such poor quality it’s inaudible). Or the other option is to stream using AirPlay. I didn’t spend S$600 on the ST20 to be a Bluetooth speaker. I could have bought a comparable sounding unit for much less if that was all I wanted. 

The way I see it, Bose has to either give us an option where we can add our own url’s. or they force TuneIn to up their game and get the quality of their streams better and give us more stations (because they are saying they are not adding on anymore). 

I for one will not be buying anymore Bose products (and I have quite a lot of their products). And from what I’m reading I won’t be alone. This could end up being very expensive for Bose.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

From this nov 19,

the new quality of the ‘fabulous’ tune in’s stream is about 32kbps in Belgium (europe) regarding my usual streamed radio.... is that a JOKE ?

I’m (was) Bose user and i actually got st10 , st20 , st300+sub , complete sb700+sub+virtual , and qc35 only at home.... should Bose make someth. very quickly to resolve that very bad issue?

Or by the wrong way, second hand market will shortly growth includind all these totaly obsolete and un-usefull ‘smart’ devices ( for « standing alone » ip radio player/speaker users like me ) .... my bedroom’s ip radio clock alarm (auna) bought on amazon at 50$ actually sounds better than my bose’s devices !?!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Same problem with 'VRT Studo brussel" (15 min delay with reality !!!)

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Please BOSE doe something, or all Belgians will buy sonos for Christmas Day!!!! 15min delay on Belgian radiostations!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Hi,

Just like other people, add a service to use url with playlist file or just put it back. My favorite radio are not on tunein.

Thx
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue: performed the update via the soundtouch app yesterday and now all my music channels are streaming with a delay of 15 minutes.  When I check on the website of TuneIn, I do not have that issue.  

Searching for e.g. Studio Brussel in the TuneIn library in the soundtouch app gives me Studio Brussel Genk, while I'm living on the Antwerp!  

Please provide a solution since now the device becomes useless to me.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

With the new HLS streams of the Belgian radio stations (VRT stations) you can basically go 15 minutes back in time, but some internet radio players (TuneIn via Bose Soundtouch) start playing the oldest files right away instead of the latest ones. By doing so, you cannot listen to live radio in Belgian, but only with a delay of 15 minutes. Hopefully, Bose and TuneIn will soon come up with a solution for this irritating problem!