TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by ModeratorJoel_D
Audible Advocate

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

I discovered the same sh.... yesterday.

Thought my network was responsible.

I am registred with an e-mail and no warning from Bose. Are we disregarded customers?

I also need the radios mentioned before. Maybe an action through consumers' unions ?

Strident Supporter

@RAMSESII wrote:

Maybe an action through consumers' unions ?

This is a very good question.

After all, what we bought has lost functionalities due to a voluntary action taken by Bose.

I am curious to know what a Customers Union like Test Achat in Belgium ( https://www.test-achats.be/ ) think about it...

jcc
Friendly Fanatic

Hello,

I confirm that the quality of the sound offred TuneIn is (very) bad. I am listening France Inter (in France) and the sound is hawfull. It was very good with vTuner. It is a pity : Bose is renowed for its good products but they are downgraded by a poor quality radio provider. Bose, what is your strategy ?

Friendly Fanatic

I'm still waiting for a reaction from Bose in this topic. The reaction they gave me on Twitter is not enough. So many people complaining, they just cant ignore this!! Keep confronting them on Twitter. Belgium: @BoseBEnl Netherlands: @BoseNL France: @BoseFR.

My favourite radio stations are not available on TuniIn, there is a horrible delay, finding streams takes ages. I`m really pissed! 

Strident Supporter

@jcc wrote:

Bose, what is your strategy ?

Until now it is:

- Silence

- Deny

- Lie

- Ignore

I do not know what is the worst of the four.

Let's face it:

Why does Bose cut off the old service ? For money. There is no other reason. You do not remove something which is working and free.

Belgium, Germany (if I'm not wrong), Australian, France and few other people do have issue, USA people don't apparently (there is nothing on Reddit, that's a sign Smiley Wink

We are probably a small part the of their business... A neglectable part. We will think twice in the future about Bose connected products, don't we ? They do not care because the old service cost more than what we give to them.

Audible Advocate

Hi I was listening Belgian radios on my SoundTouch 20 every days and most of the time all the day, purpose for what I especially bought a Bose device. It is now not working anymore. Like all others, can I have a solution or a refund to make me able to get back my preferred radio. Please note I will not recommend Bose anymore as I was doing.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

I'll leave this here as well:

I think the people of Bose do not grasp the impact this situation.

Here are the official radio market share numbers: https://www.cim.be/nl/radio/openbare-resultaten

For the Dutch speaking part, VRT has a daily reach of 62%. At the French speaking part, RTBF has a daily reach of 34%.

Without proper support of those networks, you defacto pull out of Belgium with your SoundTouch offering.

Belgium is a country of 11.5M people.

It should be easy to solve this issue: keep vtuner, add extra radio services like radio.net or mytuner, or allow us to add our own streaming urls.

The latter would be very nice in 'advanced settings', since we wouldn't depend on the quirks of those radio services.

Audible Advocate

And France! Same here, the sound qualitiy is so bad compared to the previous system. This is unacceptable.

Friendly Fanatic

Hi I am the vTuner founder and CEO. You are correct it is about money. Tunein gives their service for free. vTuner charges Bose a fee of less 50 cents USD per device. For that price vTuner focuses hard on providing a excellent service with a dedicated team. vTuner is not venture money funded unlike tunein so my team can focus on providing service and not trying to get rich fast. Bose did not give me any notice this will happen.

Quiet Contributor

I was not notified of any change and had my internet radio disabled for about 48 hours, possibly more.  I spent a substantial amount of time attempting to correct the problem then found that others were experiencing the same. I wasted time trying to fix a problem that was of Bose making. Why could I not have been warned of this?  I have now updated the app and things are back to normal but I do seem to spend almost as much time fixing problems as I do listening.