Dreams666
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

The question now is: is there another place or a way to better communicate with Bose?

Because I don't think that our comments are forwarded to the right people from Bose...

I can't imagine that Bose really don't care about all the european citizens or potential buyers of Bose systems!

TjalfB
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

TuneIn is not reliable, but very slow! And the search function stops after 2 of 3 minutes

DefianceBG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 24, 2017

This is the second time that Bose has dissappointed immensily. First, after spending EUR 2000 on the Soundtouch 300 setup, they released a forced update that ruined the bass, and did not provide with any support or good feedback for several months! Luckily there was nice and tech-savy forum users that helped explain how to restore to an earlier version and fix the bass (albeit losing the soundtouch app functionality as it forces you to update the speakers).

Now several months later, they discontinue a service that most users have been using on a daily basis without even giving us a heads up, or explaning how to set things up. And this is what you call a premium product support and customer oriented company?  On top of that, it's forcing you to upgrade the speaker, which based on previous experience, will most likely ruin again the bass quality or lead to other frustrating issues.

This is extremely frustrating and disappointing, and for me personally was the cherry on top of the cake. I will never again buy or recommend Bose to anyone. 

Complete and utter disappointment. 

MHS_UK
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Appalling.  What is Bose doing about its product literature, which still boasts about Internet Radio (still even shows this online) and all the boxes that are on shelves (virtual and real) for sale in the run up to Christmas.  Even more customers being sold something they can't use.  I have two Soundtouch speakers, one of which was bought less than twelve months ago and both are now unusable for the purpose for which they were intended.

Bose - whatever has happened that has forced you into this ridiculous move, find a better way of resolving it or you will face compensation claims for miss-sold products.  

j_vh
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

same problem here..

MHS_UK
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Thank you for clarifying.  In your opinion, is this a temporary negotiating tactic or a permamanet loss of a valuable service?  

BTL
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

I couldn't be more disappointed. Internet radio was the main reason I bought the soundtouch 20. The sound quality of TuneIn is worse than my fathers garage radio. I was thinking to buy another unit for my house. Not in a million years. This is a big disapontment. Already looking for another brand! 

labwo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Highlighted
thewild
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

This update was my last one, I'm selling my Bose ST line-up. 1xST30, 2xST10, 1xST300
Don't know what I'll be able to buy with the money I'll get from this crap... Any advice somebody ?

This last move was a very nice one Bose, you've lost a customer FOREVER.

charlieejn
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

I see the Bose Moderators are online addressing other issues, like someone who's trying connect their Echo Dot to their SoundTouch. They seem to be largely ignoring this thread though. 

Do they not care that their customers are planning to ditch their products? Some kind of explanation would be nice, and some assurance that they're going to do something about it.