Highlighted
cclark60646@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

TuneIn is an inferior service now making the SoundTouch speaker an inferior product.  The stations that we primarily listen to - gone!  We paid too much for this now worthless device.

I'll be happy to join any class action filed against Bose.

charlieejn
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@Joel_D wrote:

Hello All,

We apologize for any misinformation provided around this issue.  These responses from our agent are not correct, and we'll look into it on our end to see what happened.  Any new or updated information will be available in THIS thread.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Are you saying everything I've been told is incorrect, or just some of it? Once again you've provided a 2 line response which gives us no useful information. If we've been given misinformation then surely you should tell us the correct information! Instead, you've linked us to a thread which also gives no useful information and is full of the same questions and complaints as this thread.

Do you get told to try and fob us off? The guy I spoke to on Live Chat was very receptive and willing to explain things. It's a shame the moderators on here can't be the same with this issue.

Kashgar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

This is what I would call a ‘planned obsolescence ‘ from Bose. My 2 SoundTouch speakers cannot be used anymore for what i bought them. Listen to local internet radios. And easiness of use. Not because, those radios stopped. Not because the technology has evolved. No...just because Bose decided to push an update that I couldn’t reject. My mother who’s not used with internet and computer is lost. I was planning to buy 2 new ones. But now, ...
I have got the bad feeling that this is a s if you buy a car and that your car supplier was blocking it for ever from a remote place in the middle of the traffic. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Bose must fix this as soon as possible.
mikeym666
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I generally found the information supplied by Bose for the update to be clear and concise. The switch to TuneIn seems to be working ok in the UK, however some stations that i used to listen to are not on TuneIn.  

TjalfB
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Q-music isn’t working!!!
bose_686
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Bassdrive radio isn't working with TuneIn.

In the TuneIn app works perfect. 

Please,  reconsider return to the previous internet radio service. 

Hbrug
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Hi Tony,

I am experinecing pretty annoying problems since Bose decided to go for TuneIn in the Soundtouch app. Ever since the change I have to listen to radiostreams of Belgian National Radio stations with a 15 minute lagging!! 😞 This is a really bad experience!! As far as I can see on the internet and socials media channels, I am far from being the only unhappy Bose-customer facing this unsatisfying issue.  What is Bose planning to do about this? How soon can we expect a solution?

This is a very bad customer experience!! Until this change, I was a satisfied Bose-customer, but now...

Hope to receive a solution shortly...

Regards,

Hein

Wolfgang Engel
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

I am verrrry disappointed with your service YOU switch to tuneln without notifying anyone now half my station have gone missing why should I go looking for them you lost them bad bad bad Buisnes sorry I ever brought bose

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts and feedback.

Can you let me know what stations you're experiencing poor audio quality on TuneIn so we can investigate this for you?

Regarding the 15 minute delay of certain stations, can you let me know what exact ones that are having this issue?

If there is a station that is not available on TuneIn, let us know HERE.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Flip McVicker
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Hi Joel! Can you please let us know when we will have the ability to add our own internet radio streams, via feed URLs? You know, like your competitors do? I think I speak for a lot of your, hopefully valued, customers who have shelled out a shed load of cash on Bose products. We are very keen to know.

Appreciate you trying to sort out TunedIn, but I think a lot of people will want flexibility that TunedIn isn't ever *ever* going to provide. You are flogging a dead horse with this line of attack I'm afraid.

Looking forward to hearing good news soon.