Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Re: TuneIn is replacing Internet Radio!

for all those people moaning about the lack of commincation, well sorry to say that Bose made it very clear that they were moving to TuneIn sometime back. The move to TuneIn is OK and to be honest i think some comments on this forum are unfounded.  Bottom line is you still have an internet radio and when you origoibally purhased your Bose you didnt know which provider Bose would use, so as with everything in life get used to the changes.

I appreciate the commnets from Belguim and i am sure in time these will get sorted.  In the meantime allow Bose to deal with the issues in a planned fasion, and stop the tiraid of moaing and abuse.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

@mikeym666 wrote:

for all those people moaning about the lack of commincation, well sorry to say that Bose made it very clear that they were moving to TuneIn sometime back.

At least, we have wait the update to happen before taking our pitchfork. Frankly I do not care what service(s) is/are used by Bose. The fact is, with this update, we got a major usability downgrade. It is not limited to Belgium, it is global. Of course Bose doesn't have to rush an update, but we, as spoiled customer, have the right to voice our opinion on this... This is the only way to have Bose do something to correct that mess.

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 1, 2016

As the majority of people on this forum didn't know about the downgrade to TuneIn, I fail to see how Bose made it clear as per Mikey's post. They have our email addresses and I for one haven't received a single email regarding this until the forced app update. Where was it advertised?? Yes it is still an internet radio, but it is a poorer one, with sound quality and channel availability both taking a hit, not to mention the timeshifting in Belgium etc, etc. Terrible customer service from Bose, and I for one will never buy Bose again, and will be recommending others don't too.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 21, 2016

@mikeym666 wrote:

for all those people moaning about the lack of commincation, well sorry to say that Bose made it very clear that they were moving to TuneIn sometime back. The move to TuneIn is OK and to be honest i think some comments on this forum are unfounded.  Bottom line is you still have an internet radio

These comments are spectacularly ill-informed and arrogant.

Bose themselves have apologised (inadequately and badly, but apologised) for the way the changeover was handled. Why @mikeym666 thinks comments on the forum are unfounded I cannot imagine. Anyone reading this thread will see very similar problems appearing from all over the world, so I suspect that the vast majority of the comments are very well founded.

We still, he says, have an Internet Radio! Well, yes - a radio that won’t play the stations we want to listen to. How useful is that?

But then his post goes on to dismiss an entire country (Belgium) who should wait till Bose and/or TuneIn fix the massive problems with their national radio stations. He obviously has an unusual world view..

This episode could turn out to be a disaster for Bose, which would be a shame.  They make superb hardware, but their software side has been a problem for me since I bought my first SoundTouch some years ago.

i am now posting reviews on line highlighting the internet radio problem - new buyers need to know what they are getting.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

@mikeym666

Well, I think we have reasons for dissatisfaction. If you don't mind, good for you. But I, for one, am really mad about this change.

We got an answer from Classic 21 (one the stations that are not available on TuneIn), and I am very pessimistic that they will ever be back on TuneIn :

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 1, 2017

@mikeym666

When I bought, I checked before that I could listen to my favorite local radio and international ones and not just a limited catalog.  I have also tested the quality.  I knew what I was buying....  Till a certain point...  I didn't knew that Bose could deactivated my sountouch from a remote place eaven if I would reject an update, a  patching of my system.  I didn't knew that they can force an update without my consent.  I didn't knew that they would suppress the main service for which I bougth them....  Bose is a major actor on this market.

I still own an old radio (with lamps) that works fine.  It's a 60 year old radio... Here, I am talking of something less than 5 year old... (1 year for me) which cost between 180 and 800 € or $ ... 

No this was not correct from Bose.

I would like to add that when my step mother (83) for who I bougth also this soundtouch and who is not at all used with this, she has been very very confused and lost. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

mr. Micky mouse 666,

can you prove to us, where and when has made the communication of the change from internetradio  to Tunein ? We all have signed in with email address to download the app. Bose had all the data to inform us in advance. It took most of us hours to find this out, resetting router, resetting ST...looking different platforms to find out that the problem is not ours, but with Bose. On an email to the Belgian customer support, I got 3 days later a very general, vague answer. Not even mention a transfer from internetradio to tunein.

is this your idea of customer service ? There will be a long way "to make Bose great again"!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Brodcast is still two hours later here in Iceland!!....

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

I just want to say **bleep**

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Oct 24, 2016

RTBF is looking into the issue. Hopefully they'll have an ear from Bose...

Les radios de la RTBF ne sont plus accessibles chez Bose