drumbolini
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Turntable/Soundbar connection

I just purchased a Bose Soundbar 300 and I presently possess an Audio Technica LP 120 turntable that possesses both RCA and USB connectors (no ground wire)  As of the present, I cannot seem to get sound from the turntable to the soundbar.  It is plugged directly into soundbar.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Turntable/Soundbar connection

Author Accepted Answer selected by Tony_G

Hi Keith,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your ST300 and connecting your turntable.

You cannot use the SA-5 as an amplifier for your turn table.  Your best bet would be to connect the LINE output from the turntable or the output from the speakers to a Bluetooth transmitter (with an example here), which you will then be able to connect wirelessly to the SoundTouch 300 via Bluetooth.

If you have any more questions or need further clarification, please let me know!

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
RSchlier
Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Dear drumbolini,

to connect the turntable to the ST 300 you need amotther device from Bose, which ist the SA-5. This separate Receiver/amplifier can connect analog devices, such as turntables to the Bose soundtouch system. However, there is still a feature missing : the sound will only be reproduced if you connect analog passive speakers to the SA-5, and the sound will only appear on the speakers connected to the SA-5 for the time beeing. Bose is actually working on a software update to reproduce the sound on all Soundtouch devices from the SA-5 (This feature, that we call 'AUX Rebroadcast' will be available soon with a software update --> quote from Bose). Hnece you still have to wait a bit, until it works as you expected. In the meanwhile you shpuld use (if still available), your old amplifier to listen to vinyl records).

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Rolf

RSchlier
Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Hi Drumbolini,

just learned from another Bose publication, that the mentioned software update might be released late summer this year. They are planning to enable even the ST-300 to work with this feature I mentioned in my first post. So best might be for you, to wait and then check whether this update works properly. This would save you the investment for an SA-5.

Regrads

Rolf

drumbolini
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2017

Thank you all for the advice and information. Thought I was going crazy.
alpesmer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2016

I have had a similar system set up for a year. It works great: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65_0WkAHUCc

LP120 has its own preamp. I connect it to Bose SoundTouch 130 Home Theater System through RCA Aux connection. The output is very satisfying.NOTE May 2020: Th...
foypi01
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

A Bose rep told me I can use the ADAPTiQ port to connect my Audio-Technica turntable directly to the ST300. Is this not true?

Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi foypi01,

Thanks for the post.  The adaptiQ port is only for the adaptiQ headset, and does not function as an AUX input.  Apologies that you were given incorrect information.  If the turntable only has analog audio connections, you would need to plug those into the TV, then you could play audio to the ST300.

If you have anymore questions, please let us know.

Best,

Brandon

foypi01
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Thanks for the clarification. So I am back to square one. I'm trying to figure a simple way to connect my turntable (downstairs) with RCA jacks & 13.5mm jack so that I can play the music on all of my soundtouch speakers including Soundtouch 300 soundbar (downstairs) and Soundtouch 30 (upstairs). The ST30 has an AUX jack that works fine, but the turntable is not on the same floor. If I got a ST10 and connect the turntable to it, will I then be able to send the music to the other two ST speakers with the ST app? -- Sorry for the long description & Q...

Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi foypi01, 

Thank you for the question. Yes, if you connected your turntable to a SoundTouch 10 you would be able to rebroadcast the signal. The one thing to note is that this feature is still in Beta, as mentioned HERE. Also, the rebroadcasting does highly depend on the strength of your router and your network. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thank you! 

RSchlier
Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2017

Hi Brent,

thanks for the answer. But when will the SA 4 be able to do the same job, as it was originally designed as a bridge from analog devices(turntable,DVD-Player,CD-Player,...) to the ST system ??

Regards Rolf