Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Brandon_M I just did what you advised us to do and, guess what, the situation got even worse! Play all didn’t work so I removed all 3 speakers and when I was trying to reconnect using wifi the 20 wifi did not connect. If before I could at least listen to the music in one single speaker, now I can’t connect with the 20! Sorry but Bose is just trying to be sued!
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Another day - another set of logs collected and shared via Dropbox.

The same story as yesterday:

1. Stared manually playing one speaker: ok

2. Tried to add another two speakers to Play all via iPhone app: not ok

3. Remaining two speakers show both white leds on, but no sound, app shows that all speakers play: not ok

Mc

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Thank you for the Logs Mc, I've already sent them up.

@AnameiaBR Can you try a factory reset on one of your systems, then reconnecting it to Wi-Fi using the SoundTouch App?  Does this help?

Thanks,

-Brandon

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Worked on this issue with a Bose tech for my Soundtouch 10 for more than 2 hours yesterday.  The system worked for several hours, then crapped out again.  I refuse to participate in any more troubleshooting until Bose develops a reliable, permanent fix, not only for PLAY ALL, but also for stereo play, which is the reason I purchased a second speaker.  I'll try going to one speaker in the meantime.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

wrote:

Going forward, can you make system updates optional and stop the constant in-app pop-up messages when new software is avaialble? It's extremely clear that these updates are not properly QA tested before release, and while I cannot control that, I'd be happy to sacrafice whatever benefits come with an update to stay grounded on an older firmware that at least works as advertised.

This exactly!  Some optionality would be great so the people that want to test the new features can.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @MartinC,

I've been informed by the escalation team that they no longer need you to collect logs, and they thank you very much for your assistance.  They haven't said what might be happening or when a fix may be implemented, but they're aware we're anxious to hear about it.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

MartinC has done a great job in supplying Logs for the escalation team. With them not needing anymore sounds as though they may be on the way to a fix. Heres hoping with fingers and everything else crossed they sort it !!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Thank you MartinC for the work you have done to help Bose with this issue. I wish I had the ability, knowledge and dedication you show for helping. BrandonM thanks for standing there and taking everyones pot shots I know it is tough when we are all frustrated.  I'm sure Bose will get it figured out until the next issue creeps in.  As for my ST system after my reset last weekend play all has been working fine I am starting to slowly uncross my fingers.  Waiting to hear when the escalation team gets it figured out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 8, 2018

I have followed the suggestions above but Play All is still not working.  A previous thread had some suggestions about wi-fi router settings that may help.  Are these still recommended and if so can they be posed on this thread? 

For feedback to Bose: I am trying to set up a just purchased ST 300, AM 300 and ST20. The sound from the items individually is great however Play All was a key feature I was after. I am really disappointed with my two thousand + $ purchase.  

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

@Brandon_M if you’re talking about pressing buttons vol- and 4, yes! Did the drill a few times hoping for the best but still can’t connect to the system’s wifi. Sorry to say but I’m really pissed off with the situation... have an expensive wifi system that makes no sound...