MartinC
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Oh boy!:)

After reading about these more and more complex issues I no longer wonder why Bose has not yet figured it out how to fix it...:(

On the other hand I don't understand why they can distribute previous version of firmware where everything seemed to work just fine and there was no fiddling with any kind of (fixed or wireless) routers needed. I have my private opinion which I may voice once things get clearer.

Mc

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Ho @apolaine,

Thank you for the post, and thanks for testing out the troubleshooting steps.

Would you be able to collect log files for me so I can escalate this?  It would be a massive help for the software team.

Best Regards,

Brandon

4rron
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 13, 2017

I have mine working again temporarily, the only thing that has happened is that they have both been powered of and unplugged to be moved. I am leaning towards that they have now both logged on to the same wifi network, either 2.4 or 5ghz. some kind of firmware update required!!!!!!!

Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

I have checked in on this forum 2-3 times a day for 5 weeks in the hope a fix has been found for this "Play All" issue. I am so annoyed and frustrated. A £1000 spent on Bose products is a lot of money to me, and when they dont work as advertised you cant expect me to be happy about it. I really hope Bose get it sorted soon.

apolaine
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

remind me of the log collecting process again?

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hey again apolaine,

Absolutely, the instructions are located here.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
4rron
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 13, 2017

Oh wait! They're not working again now. In fact they're not working at all. Pressed play on radio 2, the ST20 woke up, says radio 2 on it with a stop square and the app now says no network these are dog**bleep**
jnschnur
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

So I hoped against hope that the Bose technician's fix for my stereo pair of Soundtouch 10 speakers would be the last, or at least until the next software update screws things up again.  Well, the fix lasted 4 days, and then the system crapped out -- no Internet radio, no music services.  This time I "fixed" the problem myself, but the process took 10 - 15 minutes, and I don't expect it to last more than a few days.  I closed the Soundtouch Android app AND forced a stop.  I also cleared the cache for the hell of it.  I recycled my router and both speakers.  I then forced a speaker software reload by pressing "4" and "- volume," waiting for the first speaker to complete the process before reloading the other speaker. I then seperated my speaker stereo pair (which, btw, only works AFTER forcing a software reload).  Once I made sure each speaker operated (separately), I rematched the stereo pair. This somewhat lengthy process seems to work. However, as I said, I expect to have to repeat the process every several days because I know the fix won't hold longer than that.  If I find myself still going through this nonsense a couple of months from now, I'm just going to ditch the speakers. Here's hoping Bose fixes this known and widespread problem soon, and then starts doing some serious QC for future releases.

mcpson
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 9, 2018

What do customers need to do for an expeditious resolution to this problem?  Contact the BBB? Leave poor reviews on Google Play or Apple Apps Store?  What will get Bose attention to do the right thing in this case? Maybe change the "premium" company name from "Bose" to "Hose" because your formerly loyal customers got hosed when we bought your products. This is a poor reflection on your company, its leadership, and ethics - especially in the context of your self-reported "Essence and Values":

from the Bose website:

INTEGRITY

We conduct business with integrity.
We must demonstrate the highest standard of business ethics in our dealings with our customers, suppliers and each other. We must gain the support and trust of others and build our reputation through individual integrity and respect. Bose employees are expected to be open and honest in all business matters and to act consistently with the values we share as a company.

EXCELLENCE

We pursue excellence in everything we do.
Excellence is our way of life. It has always been integral to our business. We expect our products, people, practices and leadership to exemplify it. Our attitude is to always challenge ourselves and each other to be better.

RESPECT

We treat others with respect.
Mutual respect and trust form the foundation for effective working relationships. We recognize that cooperation with each other and between groups is vital to our success. This means that each and every one of us must communicate openly, value different opinions and treat each other with fairness and respect.

mweeding
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

I have 2x10 and 1x20 (all s/w 19.0.5).  I've waded through all the 60+ posts on this issue.

I've tried restarting, disconnecting, reconnecting, power-cycling, restarting router, replacing router - still no luck, but I have some info that may further help fault finding by Bose;

• Adding a second 10 when playing from the other 10 works fine.  Adding the 20 from here still doesn't start music on the 20.
  • Music on 20 - can add each 10, but no music on either 10
  • Music on 10 - can add a 20 but no music from the 20.
  • This is the same if Spotify, internet radio or local NAS
  • When trying to add 20 to a 10 - the display on the 20 display the song/station - it just doesn't play music
  • When trying to add 10 to a 20 - the Left and Right LED illumincate (like normal) - it just doesn't play music

Anyway, hopefully new firmware release will correct this?  Hopefully?  Sometime...