Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

sounds promising hopefully a fix is on its way to us soon

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

My Soudtouch App has just updated, now says 19.1.7. No difference to Play All function, still does not work. This latest update cant relate to the current speaker issues.
Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

I believe that the speakers must be updated to newer than 19.0.5 fw version and having just the mobile app upgraded to 19.1.7 is not enough therefore we must wait until our speakers are upgraded too...
@Brandon_M: can you confirm my assumption above pls?
Mc
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi all,

The most recent update that was released today was an interface update for the SoundTouch App, which addressed a few graphical bugs, and the "Just For You" menu missing.  There was no update pushed to the SoundTouch systems, which means there was not a Play All fix included.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

It’s a buggy firmware issue that was released around May 15. The speakers from the hardware point of view are fine as they had worked without any problems long time before this corrupted firmware turned them into bricks last month.
So it comes down to how fast can Bose get their act together and release a well tested and working firmware update that will enable Play all again.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

So the email I received from Bose Support telling me that a FIRMWARE update would be released today is obviously incorrect.  Real nice.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the update. I dont know how you get to interact with Bose Engineers, but as a long time Bose customer I am very dissapointed with them Please let Bose know that. If Anyone asks me abouit my sound touch speakers and surround soud system, I tell them they should buy Sonos. I wish I did. I dont know why Bose wastes there time of stuff that really does not matter. Just fix the main issue PLAY ALL. Has not work since December last year. Before that my speakers worked great. Just go back to old firmwere version. Very dissapointed in Bose and how they are handling this problem. I think they will be losing a lot of FUTURE CUSTOMERS, if people hear about this. I wish I had bought SONOS speaker. They would be working as a play all, like I want my Bose speaker to. Sorry that I am a customer of BOSE.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi jnschur,

This isnt the first time that Bose has mis-communicated the firmware release dates. It's happened several times over the last few releases and sadly Brendan is normally the one to set the record straight. But, here we all are still waiting for yet another update to fix the prior update.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

I have 6 ST10 speakers and have been struggling with them dropping out, loosing wifi connection and beeing a general pain..

currently using a workaround that seems to work, although not perfectly (knock on wood).

- connect 1 ST10 via bluetooth ("group master")

- add the other speakers to this speaker group.

- no stereo pairing, since this seems to cause both in the pair to drop out if one has problems.

- found a wifi channel that was not in use nearby (wifi analyser)

- all speakers connected to same wifi AP

- wifi AP  set to 2.4ghz

- wifi AP set to use fixed channel. (no channel hopping)

- wifi AP restricted to only 20MHz (not auto 20/40)

- wifi AP restricted to use only 802.11n

- ensure RSSI is good or better on all speakers

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2018

Hi all,

Same issues here in Belgium. My English is not very good but replied to this thread to be updated. Hope for a sollution soon, it's been weeks since my speakers worked correctly together Man Mad