Highlighted
Tmagill
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

I can’t get both my Sound Touch 20 and 30 to play simultaneously. Either when on the Sonos App or on Blue Tooth.
I am able to add both speakers on the app, but no sound comes out of one. I have been able to play both speakers before. This is a new issue only in the last 2 months.
Damon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 26, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Seriously??? Is Bose even trying to fix their iwn screwup or have you guys got so big you don't even care about your product anymore? Roll back the GD firmware update already. It is obviously a broken update that should have never been pushed on us.
Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Lots of us have asked Bose to revert to the previous Firmware, apparently they said no without reason. My ST10s still sit idle, money down the drain.
Highlighted
Windymilla
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2018

Yesterday I finally summoned up the courage to spend a small fortune on the ST300, the acoustimass and the Invisible speakers. The whole idea was to link it up with the existing SoundTouch system we have, only to find that what ever I tried it won't relay the audio all over the house. I thought I was going mad spending the best part of the day trying to fix it!

Then, I stumble across this thread......... How long has this nonsense been going on?................ How long is it likely to last?

I may go and trade in for a Sonos system

Highlighted
MartinC
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Sorry to write it, but the troubled fw release version 19.0.5 has been distributed on or around May 15 this year and causing headaches ever since:(
There is no ETA for the fix to be released by Bose other than “we are working on it and will let the Community know once it is released”:(
Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

I look at this forum 3 or 4 times a day hoping for some news, nothing for 7 weeks. How can you treat your customers so poorly, shame on you Bose.
Highlighted
Ol’Fart
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I also watch for notifications that someone has posted Mattboy...hoping against the reality of the situation.

I just keep resetting my system when I want more than 1 speaker playing this same source, in sync (using PlayAll or Grouping)

For those who haven’t seen my temporary fix in other posts...

1. Delete all speakers from the app
  2. Turn off router and all 5 speakers
  3. Turn on router to be used...wait
  4. Add back my ST300 first
  5. Add each of my 4 ST10s, to the same router (LAN and band) 

Now PlayAll and/or Grouping will work for the next 1 to 10 times I try to use it...then 💥

Highlighted
Mattyboy
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Thanks for the heads up OL'Fart. I to do have some success when deleting, resetting etc etc etc, but as like yourself it only works for a short time. However its now come to the point where I am sick and tired of doing it so my speakers now sit idle. I am already looking at other retailers systems, I purchased Bose because I thought they were one of the best.

Highlighted
Tiredofit
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

How long does a SA-5 take to reboot after manual upload?

Highlighted
NCC
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

Hello! For me the problem was that the main router did not have the capacity to manage all the connected devices. I bought a better router, more ram and faster CPU now everything is back to normal. I too thought the problem was the update but no... In the last months I installed 5 ip cams throughout the house connected to the same network and added 2 more soundtouch 10 speakers. Then I did a party at home, opened the app which I hadn't used for a while and did the update to the app and speakers on june 12. After that I noticed connection problems and thought was the update, i reseted everything as recommended including my old router, but the syncing problems persisted. The only thing left as possible problems was the update or the router. I changed the router and evething is back to normal. So I can definitively rule out the update as the problem. I know its very frustrating, but consider changing the router, it doesnt matter if you have everything connected via LAN wire to the router, if you have a lot of devices and the router not powerful enough you will have problems. up to 15 devices for me worked well. After adding mlre things it did not. I had a d-link AC1900 DIR 880L router. Probably some newer models AC3000 or more, that have faster procesor and more ram should be ok. But as I said I will depend on the quantity of devices connected. Good luck to everyone!