Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Im not even considering buying a new router it worked perfectly before the update and it’s not working now therefore my router isn’t the problem

Advisor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

I agree we should not be buying anything, all worked fine before the update. No need for a new router, this is a Bose problem to sort.

Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Same here. Haven’t added any other IP devices to my wifi network for months and all ST speakers worked fine until mid May. Router is not the root cause of the Play all fw issue.
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 29, 2018

The only equipment I'll be looking at purchasing is made by Sonos. Or perhaps another maufacturer that makes a reliable product,

Unless, Bose is able to fix this, I won't be adding any more of their speakers. I bought two speakers initially with the intention of adding more. I've done a reset this week and the play all worked for one day. i tried resetting two more times with no success and now only have one speaker working. The main reason I bought the speakers was so I could add on speakers in multiple rooms.

The product is not working as advertised, In Consumer Protection law, the speakers are not fit for the product's intended purpose - one of the purposes being, playing the speakers in multiple rooms.

I'm certainly not buying a new router when the one i currently have worked fine with my Bose speakers up until May. 

Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

My 5 speakers were set up on a dedicated Linksys EA6900(AC1900) router functioning as an unique wired access point on an EA8500(AC2600) router controlling my main home LAN. Yesterday after my latest crash, I setup the speakers directly on through wifi of the EA8500, just to see if it made a difference. It was working last night,  but this morning NO...SOS. I has to reset it all again to get it working this morning.

I just upgraded my main router last September, spending $250 and 3 days completely resetting up my entire LAN. Not going to spend another $330 and 3 days to upgrade to the EA9500 just to fix Bose's problem (if that would even actually work long term as NCC suggests).

I am getting faster at resetting my system. It only takes me 15 to 20 minutes to follow a procedure that is working first try, 9 out of 10 times.

My recent action (which others can try) was to go to the Amazon and Best Buy web sites where I bought my speakers and edit or replace my previous 5 star reviews down to 2 stars, explaining the problems, and suggesting the readers come here to this Bose Community before buying.
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Good idea - I just left a feedback on Amazon.de site where I bought all my ST speakers, gave just one star and shared parts of my 6 weeks experience of troubleshooting this with Bose via Bose Community.
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 29, 2016

Come on BOSE it is time to put the tea and crumpets away and get to work.  We have all waited long enough for a fix to your sorry app. I also will not buy anything additional such as a router when mine worked fine before the latest screw up by your engineers or who ever you hired to mess this up.  Maybe it is time to look for employees that want to make things right for the people that support your company.  FIX IT.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

Guys, c’mon, Bose has no clue whatsoever on how they’ve created the problem, and it’ quite clear that they are not trying at all to solve it. What kind of engineer would need 2 months to provide a patch? We just have to consider other options, they are not paying attention nor care about us, since the problem is limited to their own community. Maybe if we went public it might put them to care a little.
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Have already tried their official @BoseService Twitter account. After second message they stopped responding.
My call for Class action suit got removed from this forum as most likely will be this post too:(
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Hi @Brandon_M

I'm not sure of your function at Bose or whether you're just here as a forum moderator only, which might mean your beholden to information given to you. I know that this thread has an increasing level of frustration and a lot of lost goodwill from customers, most of whom chose Bose over Sonos because of Bose's quality. The software is obviously letting everything down.

I also know that the Play All problem is affecting a small subset of users and that it's to do with certain routers, which makes it difficult for the development team to reproduce the errors of and therefore fix. However, the lack of comms makes it seem like nobody is doing anything.

I really suggest the Delivery Lead or Product Owner (not sure how the team is constructed) writes a message here along the lines of:

- We've heard you.

- Explain who/how many it affects and if it's a very small number of users and appears to be down to certain routers, hard to reproduce the bug, etc.

- Then the technical details of what's going on – several people on this forum will be quite well-versed in network issues, even if others are less techincal. The point is that you're transparent with it and let customers help you. If the team know or even suspect specific router brands are problematic, customers can help confirm the suspicious or add to the list of those that aren't working. I'd prefer to buy a new router than new speakers, after all.

- Then provide constant updates as to where the team is at with debugging.

- Ideally offer a firmware rollback or explain why that's not possible.

Transparency and more information is key. Right now people feel like they're just sending in logs (which are a bit of a pain to get) into a black hole. It makes lots of sense to use this community to help the dev team debug.

Please forward this on to whoever is responsible for the software development.

Regards,

Andy