Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 2, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Guys, please correct me if I misunderstood, the so called solution provided by the escalation team is just an invasion in my network that may not correct the chaos?
If not, and IT dummies are able to do as suggested, please send me the guidelines!
I am really sick and tired of Bose. Can’t wait to be a B&O customer!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Hi AnameiaBR,

You understand correctly.

It is just the same discredited "suggestion" they were peddling in May.

Try removing "the security from your router" and network.

Yep, that's it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

Hi Brandon

I'm interested in additional troubleshooting.

Thanks 

Harry

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Enough is enough.

Sorry Bose - today I have shipped my 3 ST's back to Amazon, will receive refund and have already placed new order for 2 Sonos play 1 and 1 Sonos Play 3. Btw Sonos supports little things like sleep timer - something which one needs to use a 3rd party app for instead of Bose natively delivering the simple feature as part of the mobile app...

After two months of waiting my patience level hit the ground today - I would have hoped that after 8 weeks of sharing logs with Bose there would a "beta" version of firmware available for testing instead of asking us to test the speakers on completely unsecured wifi network!!! So lame.

Good luck Bose, I am done with your products, will delete my account here and keep my fingers crossed for all my fellow "Play all" folks here. Best of luck to you!

Sincerly,

Martin

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Good Luck Martin!

But please keep your account here for awhile and come back in a couple months and tell us how the Sonos are doing.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Deleting the Community account is more dificult than I thought it would be. Couldn’t find such option neither in my profile or settings...
Anyways - yes. Let me come back to you after a while. I will he happy to share my Sonos Play experience with you as a reference.
Bose ST speakers sound great, but the way the firmware is managed by Bose cripples the entire user experience:(
Good luck everyone!
Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

@MartinC wrote:
D....
Bose ST speakers sound great, but the way the firmware is managed by Bose cripples the entire user experience:( !

I agree Bose speakers and hardware always were, and probably still are at the top. They were great when everything was wired together. With the advent of wireless,streaming, wifi, bluetooth...everbody wanting to get away from wires, Bose started falling towards the back. And now they are almost not even in the game.  16 year olds are writing apps for smartphones and devices that puts Bose to shame. If they can't grow and get it together, I suspect they will not even be here in 5 years. Their hardware technology will just be licensed to others to complete the package.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Sorry to see you go MartinC, you seemed very knowledgable and always talked a lot of sense, you provided Bose with countless logs without return. Hope your experiences with Sonos are great.

Cheers

Mattyboy

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Brandon,

Could we have the courtesy of a more detailed and thorough update on progress being made to resolve this totally unacceptable issue please?

Bose’s attitude in this whole matter really smacks of arrogance and utter disrespect towards us loyal customers who have spent over the years thousands and thousands of dollars on your products for which we were hoping to have a premium experience and are now experiencing very basic problems that you would expect from an immature startup.

Surely, Bose has made enough money of OUR backs to afford a decent IT team working on the issue.

In the meantime you should give us the option to roll back to the older firmware (pre-May 2018) or give us a clear expectation as to why you won’t let us.

Stop treating us like idiots and cash cows please.

This is insulting.

Cheers

Stephane

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

This maybe nothing but it might be something, here goes

Since the last update play all doesn’t work properly. Never mind changing routers, disabling security etc it all worked before the update and hasn’t since. I have on many occasions re added speakers in different orders and tried everything to get this to work. Every time I’ve re connected the speakers it works for a day or so and that’s it.

My usual routine involves playing a source of music ie Spotify on my ST 30 then either adding the two ST 10’s and then the ST 300 or just hitting the play all button on the app. I usually do it in this order as I’m in the living room at the time where the ST 30 and ST 300 are. 

Fast forward to this morning and I’m just playing around and try it again and no success. I haven’t re connected the speakers in a few days but I thought I would try anyway. 

Then I tried playing Spotify on one of my ST 10’s and then adding all the other speakers onto that source and hey presto it worked. I’m sure some of you may have tried this method by starting the source on other speakers and trying play all from there but it’s working for me at the moment. 

The two ST 10’s are coming up as having GOOD WiFi signal whilst the ST 30 and the ST 300 are reading as GREAT WiFi signal.

Like I said might be nothing but it’s worth looking into.