Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Dear Touc,

that was an interesting thought, however this is something I have tried before and again just now and no such luck - sometimes it works (partially and intermittent only), sometime it does not.

Not a workable solution and definitely not a substitute for a ground up fix of a defective piece of firmware. I think the focus should be on getting the old firmware rolled back from Bose until they have a fix.

Dear Brandon, your silence speaks volume on Bose’s credibility and commitment to your customers. Continue like this much longer and there will be consequences. Maybe Bose will become the Nokia of the speaker world...

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

i might of been a bit premature with my solution, sound kept cutting out and now it doesnt work at all. FFS back to square 1

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Reposting here something that was posted yesterday from Tannabata in "Re: So frustrated with SoundTouch "No WiFi" error screens"

Friendly Fanatic

Re: So frustrated with SoundTouch "No WiFi" error screens

Norbert, I work for a retailer who sells Bose and my approach has been to warn anyone wanting multiroom audio away from the SoundTouch products. My colleagues are doing the same as we’ve recieved too many complaints and returns to make selling them worth our time
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

Same issue here.  Did not waste any time.  Returned speakers to Costco-----full refund.  Checking out other products.

Highlighted
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Sure, no worries @Mattyboy - will hang around this forum just to see from statistical point of view how long it takes for Bose engineering teams to get their act together.

Amazon.de fully accepted my reasons for returning the speakers to them and have issued already a full refund for the 3 speakers I bought 4 months ago.

As far as for my Sonos experience (my new speakers will arrive on Mon/Tue next week) a few noteworthy facts I have already noticed:

- You can pair up 32 speakers to the same wifi network vs. max 4 for Bose (correct me if I am wrong)

- Sonos multiroom speakers (Play 1, 3 and 5) work only in 2,4GHz wifi spectrum vs. Bose which uses both 2,4 and 5Gig - with 2,4GHz being an "older", but well tested and know wifi spectrum it seems like Sonos went with a sure shot and is not therefore exposed to similar issues which I believe are behind the Play all mess

- Sonos has a Beta tester option to enrol should one (just like me) be interested in testing almost final version of software vs. no such option on Bose side, they seem to alfa/beta test on live systems:(

- Overall maturity of iOS and Mac OS apps that I preloaded on my devices  and laptop seems to be more advanced vs. the SoundTouch apps

Will keep you up to date once I get my speakers to share my unboxing and set-up experience.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you folks who can't send your speakers back to Bose - hope they sort it out before the lose the last few loyal customers.

Martin

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Hi MartinC

Glad to hear you will stay in touchMan Wink

I did not know "speakers...vs. max 4 for Bose (correct me if I am wrong)" I am try ti keep 6 connected. My groupings tend to be either 3 or 4, two of the ST10 on another floor are only group together, never with the other 4. In addition to setting up all 6 on the main WiFi router & SSSID, I have tried keeping the 4 on 1 router(AP with unique SSID), the other two on the main wifi SSID. Any comments?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

So in other words Bose is doing NOTHING. Thanks for nothing then.

Insulting as I mentioned in various previous posts.

What will it take to get some proper customer care for those of us not able to return the products for a refund? how do we get compensated for our financial loss for purchasing equipment that has now become unusable?

As of today, even individual speakers playing with either internet radio or SPotify will not work reliably either and some of the speakers will try to connect to a different network band even after factory reset, manual firmware update and router restart - most affected is the Soundwave IV that keeps trying to connect to my 5Ghz network (that has a different name and password than my 2.4Ghz one) even though the factory reset should have erased all prior network details.

This is getting ridiculous. The system is now broken at an unbearable level.

Can we have the basic courtesy of some response DIRECT from the troubleshooting team as to what they are doing please?

Shame on Bose team for treating us this way.

Brandon - ANSWER PLEASE!!!

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I remain extremely frustrated with Bose, but I am not jumping to Sonos and I caution others about investing significant dollars there. Sonos is based on single band “g” wifi. That is 3 generations old, 2005 technology. They also hype as a plus that they do not support Bluetooth. Do they even know what it is? A close examination of the pictures and specs of the hardware of the speakers also looks like something circa 2005, at least pre 2010. Their systems continued functioning will be relying on other current devices continuing to be backwards compatible to a 2005 technology. But I do understand, and wish those switching only the best.
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

How do you do play all then ? Does it still work in that case ?
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Shameful indeed