Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

The last time I power reset my router and stereo-paired speakers, I had hopes the fix would be permanent because (1) for the first time ever, one of my speakers was recognized and easily added to the system after I manually added the first speaker, and (2) my speakers then worked fine for 16 straight days, which was a post-May 15 record for me. But last night they crapped out. Back to square zero.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Just copy & pasting info from the product specification: (S.... P 3)

"Connects to your home Wi-Fi network with any 802.11 b/g/n router.

802.11n only network configurations are not supported—you can either change the router settings to 802.11 b/g/n or connect a Sonos product to your router"

Bottom line is that Play all/Group all (by a different brand) just works...

Out of respect to all Bose Play-all affected customers (I still feel your pain and frustration) -  I don't want to disuss the details and do head to head comparison, but just to let you know: today - after more than 2 months I've been finally listeting to the same music coming out from all three rooms where I just set up my new multiroom system - unfortunatelly made by someone else than Bose.

This post may get deleted by Bose

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Just to let all people know - I have just received a private message from Brandon (the moderator of this thread) that some of my postings will be removed for “violating community guidelines” and that further such postings will result in a potential ban from the community altogether.
The argument involved is that only a small proportion of users is having the play all issue.
I guess you can make your own interpretation about the true meaning of Bose’s actions.
I certainly understand what it means about our chances of ever getting a fix...

Below is what I received:

Reply To
Inbox Brandon_M Moderator Brandon_M yesterday
Re: Connecting soundtouch portable to av receiver
Hi sbleyo, I will be removing this post and a few others as they violate community guidelines. This issue is affecting a small portion of SoundTouch users with certain wireless routers. Continued abuse of the Community may result in a ban. -Community Admin
Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

This is riduculous...

Number of replies and views of this topic within this forum speak for itself - Play all is the most discussed issue here.

If one would extrapolate and consider that on average only 5-7% of users who are somewhat affected by a given problem go online and reach out for help - the rest is still affected, but is not voicing their concerns online - the total would make up for a large number of users who if using the wifi option (BT seems to be working relatively fine) should get much better treatment from a big brand and premium company such as Bose.

Glad I was still covered by the 2 year  warranty and already switched to Sonos - and guess what: Group all as they call the feature - works like a charm. Do you hear me Bose?

Martin

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Indeed ridiculous

out of curiosity I did dig out the Bose Community Guiidelines - hardly can see anything that would justify the removal of any of my posts.

BOSE censorship in action - Brandon_M you yet have to reply with any update on the PLAY ALL issue....interesting...

community guidelines below for your info (let's see if this post will get deleted or if I will get banned from the forum now...):

Community Manager

Bose Community Guidelines
(Updated 10/3)

Welcome to the Bose Community!

The mission of this online community is to provide a peer-to-peer and direct support channel for Bose product owners.

While our community is aimed at Bose customers and users, we welcome everyone with an interest in audio and sound, as long as you observe these community rules:

1. Be respectful and constructive.
    Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive.  Calls for lawsuits, firing of employees or other excessively negative comments will be edited or removed.  Repeated violations could result in temporary suspension or permanent removal from the community. 

1. Be relevant.
    Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community, to the specific discussion style and topic where you post. Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting discussion. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations are rarely relevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, ask us first.

1. Keep your word.
    Don't post anything that would violate any contractual agreements (copyright, trade secret or otherwise) or nondisclosure agreements to which you are a party.

1. Protect privacy - yours and that of others.
    Don't share anything about yourself or your organization that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Also, don't post personal information-your own or anyone else's - including contact information or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent.

1. Remember, this is user-generated content.
    You'll find plenty of good advice here, but remember that your situation or configuration may vary from that of the individual sharing a solution. Some advice you find here may even be wrong. Apply the same good judgment here that you would apply to information anywhere on the Internet.

By using these forums, you agree to follow these rules as well as the full Terms of Service for the Bose Community. We thank you, and your fellow community members thank you.

The Bose Logo and Bose Employees and Usernames

You will notice that some community members have a Bose logo next to their names - this means they are Bose employees and community moderators.  Only authorized Bose moderators are allowed to use a Bose logo in their profiles.  To avoid confusion by other community members, only approved moderators are allowed to use "Bose" in their community names.  

Feedback & Ideas

We want this to be the best community it can possibly be - so let us know what you think, or how we can help improve your experience on the Bose Community by visiting our forum feedback and requests forum.

We will be happy to help!

Flag inappropriate content for review

If you recognize any violation of these guidelines, please notify us within the community by choosing "Report Inappropriate Content" from the message's Options menu and let us know why you feel the content is inappropriate.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

And it gets better - here is what I get when trying to reply to Brandon_M PM trying to prevent me from posting further on the PLAY ALL issue:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• One or more of these members do not have private messages enabled. Their names have been removed from the Send to list.

So he is not allowed to get PM but he can send them - very good - please draw your own conclusions about the state of affairs at BOSE...

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Do you really feel this is an acceptable fix?
@Wobby wrote:

So here's what has been working for me.

I do NOT turn off my speakers.  Ever. 

I have 4 SoundTouch 10s setup near to my router.  One is my "master" for connection to Bluetooth via my iPhone 7 (where I also do not turn off the app -- ever).

When I want music, I open the app, I set the master speaker to Bluetooth and connect, and then hit Play All.

That's it -- it works across all four speakers.  UNLESS someone in my house ever turns a speaker off by hitting Power or using the remote... then that speaker is off the grid entirely and I have to reconnect it manually to the WiFi next time I want to use it.

I will either just leave the house (severing Bluetooth connection) or hit "AUX" on the master speaker anytime I want to stop playing music.

It's been almost 2 weeks now and this has been working consistently for me.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2017

one more added to the list due to this buggy firmware

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

In other words: we the few don't matter.

When will you have the courtesy to post an update on the status on the progress being made to solve this issue (PLAY ALL feature is the reason why many of us bought many of the soundtouch products after all).

Why is there is still no update from the BOSE team on this?

You don't need any more logs so you should at least know what the issue is and have some idea about the resolution timeline.

ANSWER PLEASE rather than sending me PM Threats to remove my posts and cancel my access to the community.

@Brandon_M wrote:

Hi @MartinC,

I've been informed by the escalation team that they no longer need you to collect logs, and they thank you very much for your assistance.  They haven't said what might be happening or when a fix may be implemented, but they're aware we're anxious to hear about it.

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

Deleted by the author due to typos and errors.