Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 18, 2016

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Just for the record - I do not have any problems but then I keep on hitting " Remind me Later" when asked to update to this latest version. Once bitten twice shy.

At some point, when all this grief is over, I will update.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 20, 2018

Re: UPDATED JUNE 12th - MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Could you you clarify please? Are you a Trojan horse on this forum after all ?
@Ol’Fart wrote:

Delete by author do to error...will repost later

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

Hi sbleyo,

Thanks for the post.  The escalation team is still actively working on a fix for this.  Like I've said before, I would not have this post stickied at the top of the community if it was not something being worked on.   Once I get anymore information from them, the community will be the first to know.

Best Regards,

Brandon

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2018

Re: MASTER: Play All not working correctly after 19.x update

I continue to have on again/off again functionality with my ST speakers.  I think there's likely something to the 'never turn them off' thread - but aren't always in control of the power button so to speak - so every now and then the pairing fails - and then a week or so later magically comes back. (Perhaps they cycle one a week by themselves?)

As someone who has worked in the software industry for over twenty years I'm going to speculate as to why the next udpate hasn't been released yet.  Assuming it's been figured out -the fix was been made in the main code branch and is deeply enough intertwined with all the other changes that the effort to separate it back out into it's own branch isnt' worth it - because there is probably an on-going belief that they will release the next major version with Apple AirPlay 2 support <really soon>.  However, there's also a decent chance - that the AirPlay 2 support is waiting on the release of iOS 12 - and that likely won't be out until the 2nd week of September.  Could be way off - but guess we will see come the update.  If anything - maybe that gives hope that we are 6 weeks away from a fix.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

For anybody who cares why I deleted my own post from early this morning...

Upon review I felt that post charaterized as my facts, some information given me by others, without getting their review or permission. Thus I thought the post was inappropriate and should be deleted.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

In order not to lose the big picture:

1. This dicussion thread (forum) would not have to exist had Bose not released a messed-up firmware in Mid May

2. Roll-back to previous - working firmware is not allowed by Bose (with no explanation why)

3. None of the wifi routers are at fault - vast majority of them worked super fine before May

4. Logs collection by Community members to assist with troubleshooting  has not brought any fruit so far - at least Bose did not convince anyone here yet.

5. It's been more than 2 months since the issue surfaced and there is no visibility about the fix

6. Logically Bose is starting to lose it's first customers as they are not treated as they would expect from such premium brand

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

My two ST-10's are set in stereo mode. Looking at the details shown using the admin software for my Netgear modem/router, I notice that the "link rate" of my right speaker is always at 144 Mbps, while the link rate of my left speaker varies: usually it's either at 117 Mbps or just 6 Mbps.  (On rare occassion, my left speaker matches the link rate of my right speaker at 144 Mbps.) These relative link rates persists even when I physically exchange the positions of my speakers, so that my right speaker is now on the left; in other words, relative distance to the router seems to make no difference. Have other folks found this for their stereo pairs or speakers in PLAY ALL mode? I thought this may relate to the problems we've been having since May 15.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2018

Just an update from my side.

I did a complete router reset and took the opportunity to reset name and password - it was a major - reconnecting all my smart devices (who knew there were so many!) including my Bose Soundtouches, wasn't a quick affair.

Anyway, it's all working good and it's been like this a few weeks now, i will mention the occasional odd/random glitch that crops up here and there (which I didn't experience previously) however they seem to fix themselves overnight. 

What I have noticed though, and what I've read from someone else earlier on in the thread, is that when I turned off a speaker on the device by pressing the button - that's when it went loopy and wouldn't play nicely with the other speakers - and had to reconnect the speaker in the app. 

Thought i'd share a good outcome for me at least.

Highlighted
Advisor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2017

Just checking in for the latest in hope that a miracle has occured and a fix found, oh well nothing I see. Perhaps Bose think we are all going to go away. I will keep checking in.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2017

I believe they have problem with bluetooth package .. no issue with wi-fi audio streaming via soundtouch app ...

Issue of pause and skipping sound popping up every now and then while playing audio with bluetooth.

I hope Bose still have some talentented employees who can fix this 🙂

@Mattyboy wrote:

Just checking in for the latest in hope that a miracle has occured and a fix found, oh well nothing I see. Perhaps Bose think we are all going to go away. I will keep checking in.

@Mattyboy wrote: