Highlighted
911by911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

UPNP/DLNA Renderer support

a BIG!! thanks to support DLNA renderer mode in the new software version (14.XX). It is working but i found a bug:
The render (SoundTouch) will only play exact one song, after playing the song the next song will only start if i am pressing the next or play button of my dlna controller app.
The sound touch is the only device in my home with this issue, all other will play the next song in the playlist/album

I used the BubbleUPnP for DLNA/Chromecast app from the android playstore as a DLNA controller.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Kim Teo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 25, 2016

Re: UPNP/DLNA Renderer support

Yes I too like the DLNA support, and yes, I too found the same problem with BubbleUpnp player. Not sure where the problem lies. The mconnect player will play track after track, but the that player has its' own problem - stops after a number of tracks with an error message. I do have an iPod touch 4g, that runs an old version of mconnect player. That seems to run satisfactorily. (I do like the UI of latest version of mconnect, if only it can work normally) 

Since SoundTouch is not advertised as supporting DLNA, is it just work in progress? 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi 911by911,

Thanks for the post!  When you are playing music, are you choosing a specific song, or are you choosing an entire album/playlist to play?  After you play the next song, will it continue to play without issue or do you have to press play for every track?

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
911by911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Hi Brandon,
- I tested with albums and playlists.
- I tested with different DLNA-Server sources (the local one form Bubble and mini DLNA)
- I tested with different DLNA Tweaks like gapless play

All the same. This issue is for every track in album and playlist

Regards

Mark

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Mark, 

Thank you for clarifying. Although DLNA streaming isn't officially supported, it is very valuable to know what is working and what is not. I will pass this feedback on to our development team. 

Thank you 

911by911
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 11, 2017

Hi Brandon,
i think it was a big step in the right direction that Bose begins to support DLNA media renderer. Everyone can use it's favorite app, great. Its look like a small step to bring this feature to a very useful thing.

I will test the DLNA renderer support for your next releases and post my result

Highlighted
eyahlin
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 20, 2017

Thanks for forwarding it!

I too want to be able to use DLNA/UPnP because the Soundtouch app is not able to fulfill advanced functions such as a track-by-track customization of the Playlist from my NAS source. The workaround that I'm implementing instead is to play it from my phone using a DLNA app such as mConnect and then stream it to Soundtouch as a renderer.

I agree with the conclusion that the player does not move to the next track automatically. I've concluded that it is a bug on ST's end because I also tested this directly from the Twonky server with similar results.

Close enough, and almost there, Bose! Let's get this last bug fixed. 😉

Allan
Highlighted
fischkop
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi Community,

The problems described also occur in the fritz media app

Best regards

Jörg

Highlighted
fischkop
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi Brent_B,

The problems described also occur in the fritz media app.

The app can generate a protokoll, interested ?

Best regards

Jörg

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Jörg, 

Thank you for the post. I'll let the team know that this is also happening with Fritz. If they're looking for logs, we will reach out. 

Kind Regards,

Brent