Silent Starter
  • 0
  • 2
  • 0
Registered since

Sep 6, 2016

US/UK voltage

I have purchased a SoundTouch 30  in the US and have brought it here to use in the UK. If I try to use it with the higher voltage here will it sense and adjust or fry? And in the case of the latter what kind of transformer is recommended?
Moderator - Retired
  • 0
  • 4618
  • 127
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: US/UK voltage

Hi ironfryer,
A SoundTouch 30 built in the USA is made for 120v power only. To set this up safely in the UK on 220v you will need to use a step-down transformer to convert this voltage down to the needed 120v. The maximum power consumption for this product is 150w, so the transformer you use needs to be able to support at least that much. More if you want to plug in other 120v electronics at the same time as the ST30 speaker.
Thank you for your question!