Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Unable to connect my Soundtouch Wave system to my home network

Hello,
First of all, a very merry christmas to all of you.
Yesterday (24.12.2015), I bought a new Wave Soundtouch system and although I am very happy with the sound quality of CD and Radio, I am unable to connect it to my home network.
I have tried Wireless but it cannot find any network and the search takes ages. So I cancelled and tried an ethernet cable which succeeded. One end of the cable into my router/modem and the other into my system. I created an account but the setup keeps on getting aborted. I amnot able to complete all steps. However, I am able to log in with my account and can see that a system with the name I provided, has been created.
Please advise as i would like to connect my system to my iPad and iTunes Library.
Thanks & Regards
Rajesh Mukhi
+31 6 31490376

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Re: Unable to connect my Soundtouch Wave system to my home network

Hi,
I solved it by again attempting to connect my music system to my network through an ethernet cable. Finally worked and all updates are installed. I am able to control my system through my two laptops. However, the ethernet is permanently connected to my router/modem so am concerned why the wifi network is not being picked up. Could it be that the signal is too weak or too many other devices are connected to it? On the other hand, I am able to connect my iPad and 2 laptops without issues. Or could it be my modem?
Please advise.
Regards
Rajesh

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

HI Rajesh,

If your Wi-Fi network is not showing up during the setup process you may need to investigate the configuration on your router.

• Make sure that the SSID broadcast is enabled
  • check that the wireless mode is set to accept B/G & N connections (sometime referred to as "Mixed Mode")
  • The security type should be set to WPA2
  • Make sure you are connecting to a private home network and not public or enterprise Wi-Fi 

There is additional troubleshooting available on this page: (https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_DETAIL&id=kA240000000L3j3CA...)

Please let us know the Brand and model # of your Wireless router in your reply so that we can investigate further.
Thank you.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Hi George,
These settings all seem to be OK but will recheck. Rather not mess with my router as I have Internet, TV and phone through my service provider (UPC, now Ziggo). My iPad, phone and 2 laptops also seem to work fine and pick up the Wi Fi so could there be something wrong with the Wi Fi adapter of the sound system itself? I just bought it 3 days ago.
Having said that, I have successfully created an account and linked my system to my network (through an ethernet cable). I can control the system and play music from the app on my laptop when it is connected through a LAN network but also when I have a wireless connection (iPad).
I will have to disconnect the other end of the ethernet cable from the router to check if all still works as it is now.
A different question: From my iPad, I can see AirPlay from the Control Center but it does not show me the name of my music system. On the other hand, I am able to play Internet Radio. However, would like to play all my iTunes songs as well but for that, I need to transfer them to my laptop and from there, I can play everything on my sound system (wired as well as wireless).
Regards
Rajesh

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

As hinted at above 802.1X networks are not supported. Also the device is 802.11g and 2.4GHz only, so your network needs to be operating on 2.4GHz using WPA(2)/PSK and not be blocking g devices.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Rajesh, Let us know whether you are still having connection problems after you remove Ethernet.
If the system you purchased was a series IV (current) Wave SoundTouch Music System then AirPlay is not supported. This system features Bluetooth connection instead. You can see a video on how to set up Bluetooth connection here: (https://www.soundtouch.com/KnowledgeCenterView#!/feedtype=SINGLE_ARTICLE_DETAIL&id=kA1330000004O1ICA...)
Thank you.