Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mallik
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Unable to connect my laptop to soundtouch 130

Hi, i was able to connect my laptop to the soundtouch base via the HDMI port then suddenly it stopped working, i have tried the DVD, Game, Aux ports, when i connect the cable to the laptop it looks like its going to connect get a loading message but fails. i have the changed the hdmi cable, reset the base to factory defaults but nothing seems to work.

any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Andy_B
Community Manager

Re: Unable to connect my laptop to soundtouch 130

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mallik

Hey @Mallik - sorry to hear you're still unable to connect the devices together.

While I appreciate it may have worked in the past, using devices like computers/laptops as a HDMI-connected device will result in a number of results when connected to a SoundTouch/Lifestyle system as a source. Unlike cable/satellite/DVD/Blu-Ray devices, a computer is not a device for which the hardware and software have been specifically designed to read and output data to a HDMI line. As such, your own experiences when connecting it to your Bose system will vary. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Jessie_O

Hi Mallik, Thank you for your post and welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with connecting the SoundTouch 130 to your laptop. Can you tell me if you have been able to do this previously? 

I would recommend resetting the system. You can do this by unplugging the system, leaving it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Mallik
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Thank you for responding, it was working fine until the laptop crashed, after restarting it i couldn't get it reconnected. also tried my sons laptop same issue.

i read on one of the blogs to unplug all the hdmi ports wait for 10 mins then plug them back and restarting the unit. tried it without any luck. i also went through the menu and reset it to factory defaults.  no luck.

i could try and un-plug all the cables and give it ago. will respond back in the morning.

thanks again.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Try logging out our your SoundTouch account on your MacBook then log back in.

Mallik
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Ok. unplugged all cables from the back, waited about 10mins. plugged everything back TV/Sky satellite all working as normal. attached the laptop via the hdmi cable getting a loading message on the front of the bose device. then get a no signal message. i have tried plugging the laptop into the other available hdmi ports get the same issue. tried using another laptop get the same message.

the response about Macbook? i don't have one, the only device that is connected is my mobile which i use to play music with.

anything else i can try?

Mallik
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

Is there anything else you can suggest i try? i would really like to resolve the issue i am having.

thank you..

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us, @Mallik

This is certainly a strange behavior. The only other thing I can think to advise is to double-check the settings on your laptop to make sure that everything is set up correctly and not stopping the audio coming through. 

Let me know!

Mallik
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2020

I have tried 3 different windows laptops, none are being picked up. Tried in the Game, AUX and DB-DVD HDMI ports. 

is there a way to check what state the hdmi ports are in? or how to reset them?      

Andy_B
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Mallik

Hey @Mallik - sorry to hear you're still unable to connect the devices together.

While I appreciate it may have worked in the past, using devices like computers/laptops as a HDMI-connected device will result in a number of results when connected to a SoundTouch/Lifestyle system as a source. Unlike cable/satellite/DVD/Blu-Ray devices, a computer is not a device for which the hardware and software have been specifically designed to read and output data to a HDMI line. As such, your own experiences when connecting it to your Bose system will vary. 

View solution in original post