Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Unable to connect to my library

I have gone through all the steps to connect my Soundtouch 10 and 20 to my iTunes library on my desktop but every time I try to access it I get a message that the library cannot be found. Please advise before I toss the speakers in the river.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Unable to connect to my library

Author Accepted Answer selected by DennisG01

Hi DennisG01

Thanks for the reply!

There are a number of things that can prevent the library to be discoverable through the SoundTouch app.

Can you check within iTunes for a couple of settings?  The file path would go Edit, Preferences, Sharing.  Please make sure that share my library on my local network is selected.  Also under the Advanced settings, "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is also checked off.  

If this doesn't seem to resolve the issue, you may need to enable Media Streaming on the PC.  This can be done by searching Windows for Media streaming.  

Lastly, a third party firewall on the PC or the router could cause this as well.   Can we try and disable any firewalls temporarily to see if this allows the library to be found?

I know that's a lot of information, but please let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi DennisG01

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Currently are trying to use the library from a Mac or PC?
If on a PC, did you install the app from the Microsoft app store or through the Bose download page?  

If through the app store, can you try and uninstall the program and reinstall from this site HERE?  

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Hi Tony. Thanks for your reply. I am trying to connect to my iTunes library on my Windows PC. I originally loaded the app from the Bose website. I uninstalled it and reloaded it from the link you sent me but the problem persists.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Dennis

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by DennisG01

Hi DennisG01

Thanks for the reply!

There are a number of things that can prevent the library to be discoverable through the SoundTouch app.

Can you check within iTunes for a couple of settings?  The file path would go Edit, Preferences, Sharing.  Please make sure that share my library on my local network is selected.  Also under the Advanced settings, "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" is also checked off.  

If this doesn't seem to resolve the issue, you may need to enable Media Streaming on the PC.  This can be done by searching Windows for Media streaming.  

Lastly, a third party firewall on the PC or the router could cause this as well.   Can we try and disable any firewalls temporarily to see if this allows the library to be found?

I know that's a lot of information, but please let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 25, 2015

Thanks Tony. Turning off the firewall seems to have helped. I hope it will be fine when I switch  it back on again. I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Dennis

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi DennisG01

Thanks for trying those steps!  If disabling the firewall helped with the adding of the library and you're having issues accessing the library after re-enabling the firewall, you may want to try and add exceptions to the firewall to include the SoundTouch app, SoundTouch Music Server, and SoundTouch Helper.  These files can be found in the C drive under Program Files x86.

Let me know if you still have troubles!

Warm Regards,

Tony A