Nick Watts
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2017

Unacceptable delay/latency when using Aux in on Sound Touch 10

Hi, I bought a Sound Touch 10 this week and I absolutely love it, great sound, great design, simple to use etc etc.  HOWEVER, I am dismayed and gutted that the aux in has latency/ delay, rendering it useless for DJing.     I am lost as to how this can not be overcome and achieved in this day and age and for that price.   Unfortunately this will be returned to the shop for a refund for this reason.

3 REPLIES 3
wielkizderzacz
Advisor
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Re: Unacceptable delay/latency when using Aux in on Sound Touch 10

Yes, Bose Soundtouch line is useless for DJing, watching movies, playing playstation sound from games, etc.

You are the 100th person writing about this on this forum (myself included).

Bose knows about this, has known for over a year and still has done absolutely nothing to fix this or even warn their custopers.

Bose, where's a warning about the AUX and Bluetooth delay on Soundtouch product FAQ???. To me, it seems like a deliverate cover-up of a product issue.

May I remind you - I was plain lied to at a Bose store, when I asked about the possibility to play TV sound via Aux, I would not thave bought my unit if Bose staff had told me about the delay and bot reassured me it would be perfectly ok.
GuyinPA75
Advisor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

@Zderzacz wrote:
Yes, Bose Soundtouch line is useless for DJing, watching movies, playing playstation sound from games, etc.

You are the 100th person writing about this on this forum (myself included).

Bose knows about this, has known for over a year and still has done absolutely nothing to fix this or even warn their custopers.

Bose, where's a warning about the AUX and Bluetooth delay on Soundtouch product FAQ???. To me, it seems like a deliverate cover-up of a product issue.

May I remind you - I was plain lied to at a Bose store, when I asked about the possibility to play TV sound via Aux, I would not thave bought my unit if Bose staff had told me about the delay and bot reassured me it would be perfectly ok.

Agree 110% with this post!

austindacat
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

think i'm done with the bose...and will spread the bad news to everyone i know