cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piffmuff
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Upcomming news or updates to soundtouch?

Hei!  Its been a week or so and i havent seen any news from bose about airplay 2 since last year i belive. Is there any updates or new info about upcomming updates etc for soundtouch? 

and could you pleas inform me what Bose/mod do know at this time?

Ive read somewhere in a forum that there might be some news the 20of june since bose is gonna have an event regarding release of new products. Can find anything about this now tho.

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
6 REPLIES 6
Angryofm
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Re: Upcomming news or updates to soundtouch?

Don't hold your breath - updates from Bose are usually released just to fix the problems caused by the previous update...

I doubt very much that AP2 will ever work with our existing SoundTouch's - but maybe they might just be able to implement it into a new model...

Brm932
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Here we go. Another thread for crying about airplay 2 integration.. ugh. I'm just going to leave a few links here for your reading pleasure, just so you all know they aren't just sitting around doing nothing.. they are doing AMAZING things to improve and even change people's lives. Maybe giving you just another source to listen to uptown funk when multiple are already available isn't on the top of their priority list.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/boses-revolutionary-adaptive-suspension-gets-a-reboot-for-2019/am...

https://www.cnet.com/news/boses-new-noise-masking-sleep-buds-may-change-your-life/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/health-fitness/bose-hearphones-conversation-aid/

https://build.bose.com

Angryofm
Advocate
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

Very nice, some good stuff there but I would prefer they focussed on fixing their products that have been on the market for years and still don't work as advertised in fact the ST reliability is going from bad to worse... 😞

Bose might not be just sitting around doing nothing but it sure seems like they don't give much priority to fixing the problems with ST boxes and the crummy app...

Fix the expensive kit you have already sold us and then we might look at buying in to new Bose product - no fix - no deal

Pumi1000
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2018

It worked fine since the last update from may........again no connection internetradio and again the white square.......

Piffmuff
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

First off Brm932, stfu with ur ``Another thread for crying about airplay 2 integration`` 
this is a support and community forum to get aswers about questions that users ask. If u cant stay on topic or bare to see anyone complaining about Bose the look the f#"¤ away. 

Secoundlly, Those off topic links to what bose is doing is from your view a great way of getting inside bose and what they do. So thank you for sharing but thats not what i asked for and ur argument about "Bose not sitting around" is completlly wasted. They are a pretty big company that OFC should be investing both money and research in multiple ways. 
BUT, since they are such a big company, and if they want to stay that big, they should offcourse be held responsible for what they promise (as AP2 etc) and there will always be complaints from customers when not. 

So, i suggest when u se " another thread " about any topic to turn ur head away if u can supply any usefull info. Most likely, if alot of post`s are on the same topic it does matter to more peopel than you, and therefor a valid topic. 

Piff; sorry 4 the b4d english, i tend to rage alot 😕
Robotics Engineer and automation lover 😄
DIMM
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 18, 2016

Yes, I agree now that the new speaker 500 is coming out and the new bose music app i believe that soundtouch is dead. I don't think that bose will supported anymore with in time of course. I hope not because i have invested a lot of money on sound touch products, but I believe the writing is on the wall, the passed year no major updates, they wont implement fast forwarding and rewind for our music library through the app. So I can see it coming