criderelli
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Update 20.0.6 problems

Hi i updated my soundtouch 300 to 20.0.6 and now my tv cant find the soundbar i dont understand how this can happen when an update is suppose to improve.... is there a way to go back to my lastest update?????
31 REPLIES 31
Tiny
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Re: Update 20.0.6 problems

Thanks for posting... same issue, went to use the app as a source to play music, was prompted to update the sound touch software(?) 20.0.6 , all good until I went back to tv, didn’t recognize presence of the sound bar. while cycling power on both the sound touch and Samsung Smart TV - the tv updated as well. It sees a device on the HDMI, but doesn’t recognize that the device it sees connected is powered on. Anyone else experience this? Or better yet, know a solution.

Thanks, 

Community Manager

Hi cridereli and Tiny,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Can we try this particular type of reset:

• First let's try a new high speed HDMI cable
  • If that doesn't work, disable CEC on the soundbar by turning it off in the settings within the SoundTouch app
  • Now, power down the TV and soundbar and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the soundbar
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the soundbar by navigating back to the SoundTouch app
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV source on the Bose remote
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV.
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the soundbar, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Tiny
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Thanks for the reply Tony

It took me a little while to have time to follow the directions you provided. Unfortunately your suggestions had no impact on the issue. Ever since the update, features of your product, which were working great for me, no longer work. I’m at a loss, and very disappointed. Hopefully there are other solutions.

Thanks

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi cridereli and Tiny,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

Can we try this particular type of reset:

• First let's try a new high speed HDMI cable
  • If that doesn't work, disable CEC on the soundbar by turning it off in the settings within the SoundTouch app
  • Now, power down the TV and soundbar and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the soundbar
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the soundbar by navigating back to the SoundTouch app
  • After turning CEC back on, reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV and select the TV source on the Bose remote
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV.
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the soundbar, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Community Manager

Hi Tiny,

Thanks for the update.  We are actively looking into this ARC issues and was hoping you could provide the make/model of your TV and firmware.  Also if you could include what devices are connected to the TV as well that would help tremendously.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Tiny
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

TV Samsung UN55MU8000

Serial 06FW3CYJ801725K

Software Version T-KTMAKUC-1250.5,BT-S

Sub-micom Version T-KTMINTV-1010

I suspect the actual software/firmware is 1250

Xfinity X1 DVR is connected which the TV is able to recognize via the HDMI

Sony NSZ-GT1 which is not able to be ID’d by the tv which it sees a device connected but does not recognized

and a Bose SoundTouch 300 which it sees a device connected but not powered on

I look forward to getting to the bottom of this

Tim

Community Manager

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the update!  

I'll forward this along to our development team so we can look into these compatibility issues further.  We really appreciate your time and patience with this as we dive deeper into the issue.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

dmamaril
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

@Tony_A are there any updates? I'm having the same issues. When can we expect a fix?

Community Manager

Hi dmamaril,

I don't want to provide any false expectations here, and we are looking into these compatibility issues.  There is no ETA for a fix since each TV make/model differ due to the way the TV manufacturers implement the CEC functionality as well as potential third party devices connected to the TV.    If the steps above did not resolve the issue, we recommend you use the optical cable for the same performance.  

The difference between HDMI ARC and optical would be the different formats that the ARC connection can provide.  Since the soundbar can only handle Dolby Digital and DTS, optical will not affect the performance.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Tiny
Serene Sponsor
Registered since

Nov 25, 2018

Tony,
Thanks for your honesty, but that doesn’t go very far to solving the issue. Can we roll back to the previous firmware update? If not I’m going to be looking for assistance from Bose, since the CEC functionality worked. However since the update it does not. I’m moving toward the position that Bose knocked out functionality. If rolling back the firmware isn’t an option, who do I need to contact from your customer support team?