Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 12, 2014

Update Airplay 2

Good Mooorning Bose,

What happened to your announcement future update to support Airplay 2 ?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Update Airplay 2

I would assume any further information about airplay 2 would require Apple to release more information.  SInce Apple doesn't have a release date confirmed (as far as I know) I wouldn't expect to hear anything from third parties such as Bose.

Unfortunately you'll have to wait for any more like the rest of us.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

AirPlay 2 is a part of iOS 11. Which will be released 22 september. After that date third parties can implement this in there products.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Any new info on this now that ios11 is in the wild?  I am eagerly awaiting the added functionality of Airplay with my soundtouch speakers.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jpapa123,

No updates as of yet.  I don't know when we will hear about it from engineering but as soon as we do, we will update the community with any info we get.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

IOS 11 is out! The speaker interface doesn't display multiple speaker capabilty as of yet. Contacted Apple tech support...Airplay 2 is not included in the intitial release of iOS 11.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

So when will it be available?   I have been about ready to switch to Sonos for my expansion, since the newer ST speakers did not have AP compatibility with my current ones.

Does anyone have experience keeping Airplay signals to an Apple TV from interferring with the wireless transmission to remote zone speakers on a Lifestyle 48 system using the AL8?   I am hoping to find a way to switch to a different frequency on one of the devices to eliminate the cutting in and out interference.    Suggestions please??

Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Chilango wrote:
>So when will it be available?   

>I have been about ready to switch to Sonos for my expansion, since the newer ST speakers did >not have AP compatibility with my current ones.

HomePod is being released in December. The general opinion is Apple will then push code to the developers to allow them to complete their work.

Sonos is nice, Bose sounds way better. Mixing the brands may not give you the results you are looking for. For the time being, you can access Apple Music on your Apple device using BlueTooth or purchase an Airport Express as I have done. Works great!

>Does anyone have experience keeping Airplay signals to an Apple TV from interferring with the wireless transmission to remote zone speakers on a Lifestyle 48 system using the AL8?   I am hoping to find a way to switch to a different frequency on one of the devices to eliminate the cutting in and out interference.    Suggestions please??

Have you you tried a different broadcast station on your router? Alternatively have you tried 5GHz (if available) on your router. 

Check your our cable connections and integrity in your whole system.

Reset to factory and start again.