stuarttscott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2014

Update causing issues

Since applying the new update I have had issues with my SoundTouch 20 speaker, but not with my 2 SoundTouch 10 speakers. After streaming for a while it seems to lose connection to the APP on my iPhone, this was never an issue before. I have had to reconnect 3 times this morning. After reading other response on this forum I tried a "Factory Reset", but this has not helped - any suggestions? Nothing else has changed in my network and there are now new devices likely to be causing interference. My SoundTouch 20 speaker is the original model, but I trust it hasn't been made obsolete/unusable by this update?

9 REPLIES 9
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Update causing issues

Hi stuarttscott,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having with your Soundtouch 20 system.

When your system seems to lose connection, does the Wi-Fi LED on the front start blinking or change colors?

Thanks,

Brandon - Bose Support

Highlighted
Tannabata
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 12, 2017

Yep I’m having the same issue with wireless link adapter and ST10. Light stays on but connection to app and Spotify disconnects frequently. Signal strength is good. Reset all devices and it’s still doing it.
stuarttscott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2014

WiFi light remains unchanged, SoundTouch 10 speakers are not affected, no interruption to other services being streamed at the same time.Rebooting router etc have not resolved the issue, nothing else has changed - other than the upgrade.

grk999
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 12, 2015

This sounds very much like the radio problem I reported again today.

Internet radio keeps stopping and/or restarting

Bose, are they linked?

Community Manager

stuarttscott,

Sorry to hear that you are still having this experience.  The fact that the SoundTouch 10 systems are not having an issue suggests that the network may be having difficulty communicating on a 2.4Ghz frequency.  To confirm this, please factory default one of the SoundTouch 10 systems and reconfigure it for the 2.4Ghz network.  If you haven't done so already, try relocating the SoundTouch 20 to see if it might just be in a poor signal pocket.  If the SoundTouch 10 works flawlessly on 2.4Ghz and relocating the speaker does not help any, please contact one of our support members HERE.

Eric

stuarttscott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2014

I haven't a clue as to reconfigure anything for a 2.4GHz network - I expect my devices to be plug and play and not require significant IT input from me. My SoundTouch 20 has worked perfectly in the same location since I purchased it and worked without issues until the recent "upgrade". Nothing has changed in my home WiFi set up, none of my other streaming devices have any issue and most definitely none of them require me to reconfigure anything.

Angryofm
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 1, 2015

It’s obvious to anyone who reads this forum that the latest so called ‘upgrade’ has some major problems....

seeing as Bose force these ‘upgrades’ on us and won’t allow us to go back to previous versions we have only one choice and that’s to hope that the next ‘upgrade’ fixes the problems of the previous ‘upgrade’ without causing any new problems...

owning these Bose boxes also demands we have a lot of patience...

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi @stuarttscott,

Thank you for the reply. To clarify, if you open up your WiFi settings on any mobile device or computer, do you see only 1 Network name for your WiFi or is there 2 appearing?

Kind Regards,

Joel

stuarttscott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 9, 2014

Only 1 network name.