Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

Update glitch

I recently (9/27/17) installed the latest Bose update for my Soundtouch IV, which I want to be my primary speaker, and my secondary SoundTouch 10 wireless speakers connected by WiFi to the IV.  Before the update, the IV was the primary speaker when I began to play music, and I would connect the other two speakers either individually or by using the "Play All" function.  After the update, one or the other of the two 10's has now become the primary speaker, and it is labelled as the "Group" for the three.  I tried removing all of the speakers from the software and then reinstalling them in different orders to try to make the IV the primary again, but that didn't work regardless of the order in which I reinstalled the three speakers.  Each time, one or the other of the two 10's became the primary.  While I able to activate the IV from the list of speakers, I am unable to deactivate the 10, which has become the primary speaker.  Please help and issue a patch ASAP to correct this issue. 

The last major update also had a noticeable flaw, when the "Play All" function was deactivated.  In the future, Bose should beta test its updates more rigorously before releasing them to the customers.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Update glitch

Hi there RETChemist,

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the primary speaker, as you can set any speaker in the SoundTouch app to be the main "Play All" speaker.  Are you talking about the first speaker listed in the app?

Thanks,

Brandon