Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 4, 2016

Urgent need for supporting Indian music services

Hello,
Recently acquired a Bose Soundtouch Wave IV here in India. I am quite impressed with the product overall. The only complaint I have is that there is absolutely zero support for Indian music. Popular Indian music services such as Saavn,Gaana,Wynk and Jio Music are not supported in Soundtouch app. Heck, even Apple Music is not supported. Have to use Bluetooth to stream music from these. It works flawlessly, but can't use phone bluetooth to play music every time. Each of these music services have over 10-15 million subscribers.
I believe, this a major flaw in the strategy of Bose. When Bose sells a lifestyle product in India and promotes music streaming as main feature, how could Bose could ignore basic things like support for local streaming services ?.  India is world's second most populated country and has a rapidly growing economy . Internet speeds are touching 100Mbps - 1Gbps these days.
I believe, there is a huge untapped market here and to capture that faster than anyone else Bose needs support for local music streaming services. So it would be a wise idea to start acting now itself before competitors catch up. 
Now please don't give lame excuses like subscriber base is very low or there is no demand for XYZ service (read replies like this in old threads). For this kind of argument, there is a saying here in India which goes on something like this - "To get customers to a bar, the bar owner should make non-alcoholics to taste wine once. Once they taste wine, the non-alcoholics will become regular customers of bar".
Same principle applies for Bose. I hope Bose takes this request seriously and gives urgent attention to Indian music streaming services. Looking forward to see Indian services soon on Soundtouch app. 
Other than this issue I am extremely happy with the product. Highly recommended.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Re: Urgent need for supporting Indian music services

I agree.. I have the soundtouch 10 music system.. and the 6 preset buttons on top are rendered useless..

For a premium product like Bose, I would expect support for local music streaming services..

Dissapointed it is not already available.. And dont see it happening anytime soon.. Sigh!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Kannadiga and ankitvoldi, 

Thank you very much for the post. Adding integrated streaming services from India sounds like a fantastic idea! I will pass this on to our development team here. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2016

Thanks for the quick acknowledgement..

If it helps speed things up.. SONOS PLAY already supports Indian music streaming services 🙂
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 8, 2016

I have a Soundtouch 130 system it works great, but I am missing on Indian music streaming services. Any update on adding Indian music services like Saavn?

@Brent_B wrote:

Hi Kannadiga and ankitvoldi, 

Thank you very much for the post. Adding integrated streaming services from India sounds like a fantastic idea! I will pass this on to our development team here. 

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi abhisheksimion, 

Saavn is indeed very popular in India and would be great if we could get it integrated. Unfortunately I don't have a timetable for this. As more information becomes available for new services we will share it on the community board as well as soundtouch.com

Thank you