Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 11, 2016

Use my PC speakers as well as SoundTouch speaker when streaming through SoundTouch app

When I stream my music through the SoundTouch app on my PC, (Windows 10), to my SoundTouch speaker, is it possible to play the music through my PC speakers at the same time, as at the minute I only get sound through my SoundTouch speaker & not through my PC speakers, (I'd like to be able to play through my SoundTouch speaker & PC speakers at the same time)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Use my PC speakers as well as SoundTouch speaker when streaming through SoundTouch app

Hi Markoos,

Thank you for your question. Currently there is no way to direct the output of the app to the line out of a computer or mobile device.  There is, however, a way that you could make this work with the addition of the SoundTouch Wireless Link. If you purchased this, you could connect it up to your computer speakers using the AUX out connection and then select it from within the SoundTouch app.   

Thank you

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Re: Use my PC speakers as well as SoundTouch speaker when streaming through SoundTouch app

Hi Brent,

Is this an option you can develop in the app in future? It seems silly that you can use the Soundtouch app on your PC/Mac but then not be able to play music through it!

I have the Bose Companion 5 speakers connected to my mac, as well as the Soundtouch 20 and the Lifestyle 600 so it would be the perfect addition to my setup if you could do this.

Thanks in advance,

Michael 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 25, 2017

Hi everybody,

do you find a solution for this issue?

except buying the soundtouch adapter that could be a solution.

thanks in advance

regards