GusBruce
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 22, 2017

Using Soundtouch Wireless on a Hotel

Hi!

I have a 10 bedrooms B&B and we want costumers connect to our stereo Bose amplifier on each suite. Can we do it? Can we Install one soundtouch wireless on each suite? There is a way to set a password depending on the suite that allow us to control that you as a guest can not connect to other suite sound system?

Thanks a lot for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using Soundtouch Wireless on a Hotel

Hi GusBruce,

Thanks for the questions!  The best way to do what you're trying to do is to have each system set up to its own individual account. That way you'll only be able to see a system when you are logged into that specific account.

Thanks,

Brandon

Casco3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 29, 2017

Right, but how to control all the device from the reception, if configured with separated accounts?
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

It probably depends on how you are trying to set it up.

If you want guests to come in and play thier choice of music, I think the best way would be Bluetooth from thier own device.  SoundTouch is good for a home, but I wouldn't want to have to show every guest how to download the app and learn how to use it every time a new guest comes in (and then provide support when they come down and couldn't get it working).  You can turn off Wifi and just run the BT.  That way they also wouldn't be able to link up systems in other rooms.

If you want to just set presets (ie set up 6 Internet radio stations) and let the guest use the remote or buttons on top that would give extra functionality while still limiting access on through the app.

If you have a tablet already logged into SoundTouch with Spotify access in each room (I doubt many B&Bs would justify that expense) or let the customer download and sign in using thier own device, then I would do it as suggested above.  However you could still have access to each room - just log out and sign into which ever account you need when necessary.  You would also have to be aware that customers with password access could also change settings and mess things up for your next guest.

I really would suggest in that environment you would be better just using it as a BT speaker.