Comedy79
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Using a Soundtouch 300 with a Sony Bravia KD55AF9

Hi all,

I have a Soundtouch 300 currently and am looking at buying a Sony KD55AF9. One of the reasons being the Acoustic Surface Audio+ feature: Three specially-designed actuators in the back panel utilise the entire screen as an acoustic surface. The screen is the speaker. Sounds emanate accurately from their point of origin within the image and two integrated subwoofers deliver powerful bass, enabling the sleekest design.

My question is, if I connect it to the Soundtouch 300, will the speaker replicate the screen and the sound move across the soundbar in a similar way?

Many thanks

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Using a Soundtouch 300 with a Sony Bravia KD55AF9

Author Accepted Answer selected by Comedy79

Hi Comedy79, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

Typically the Soundbar will overrule the TV audio and the sound will come out of the soundbar, meaning that the Acoustic feature that the TV offers will not be in effect. 

So to answer your question the Soundbar will not replicate this feature.  

Kind Regards, 

Hector B- Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by Comedy79

Hi Comedy79, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. 

Typically the Soundbar will overrule the TV audio and the sound will come out of the soundbar, meaning that the Acoustic feature that the TV offers will not be in effect. 

So to answer your question the Soundbar will not replicate this feature.  

Kind Regards, 

Hector B- Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Comedy79
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 13, 2019

Many thanks for clarifying Hector_B, guess I can widen my search for a TV then Smiley Frustrated

Cheers

David

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If sounds are moving across your TV screen from left to right and right to left, the same should happen if you are using any connected 5.1 sound system, Bose or otherwise.  However, to use the connected sound system, you have to turn off your TV speakers.  I think some TV's allow you to use both at the same time, but that sometimes produces an echo.

That TV, by itself, might sound better than your Bose soundbar.