Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

Using my Sound Touch 20 with Logic Pro/Using same device as a generic bluetooth device

I have been trying to use my Bose Soundtouch 20 with Logic Pro X and/or use it as any other bluetooth speaker (that is, as any bluetooth enabled speaker/headphone that reproduces ANYTHING you play from your computer (Macbook Pro), but it seems that Bose has its own ways. Can anyone walk me through this? I basically want to be able to use my speaker the same way I have used any other speaker/headphone that is bluetooth enabled in my computer, as simple as that. I bought this speaker two years ago thinking that such a thing would be as easy and obvious to do as with any other speaker, and did not ask any questions in the store, assuming that it went without saying that I was going to be able to do so without mayor complications. Now it has been two years, and I still have not been able to hear sounds that I produce with my Logic Pro X. (I must say I am quite disappointed with the product. I am not complaining about the sound quality, which is great, but why on earth does Bose have to make it so difficult for a user to use its product in a much less roundabout way??

1 REPLY 1
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Using my Sound Touch 20 with Logic Pro/Using same device as a generic bluetooth device

Hi Arribas,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've been having.  Lets see if we can get it working for you.

Are you able to connect your SoundTouch 20 system to your MBP as a bluetooth speaker and play audio from it?  Is it that there's just no audio from Logic Pro, or no audio at all, or no Bluetooth connection?

Best Regards,

Brandon