Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

VI 300 unable to pair after update

After the lastest firmware update. My VI 300 wireless surround speaker unable to pair with soundtouch 300. Acousticmass base module still work well.

Did re-pairing and reset the soundtouch 300 to factory setting, off power for 1min for both soundtouch 300 and the VI 300 surround speaker after which  try to pair again, It is still useless. Acousticmass base module was able to pair after factory reset but not for VI 300 surround speaker.

The light on the VI surround speaker was blinking amber thru out.

One VI 300 receiver was set to Left and the other receiver was set to Right.

I did not powered on the VI 300 surround speaker during firmware update. Will it affect anything like software different?

Please help and advise.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Re: VI 300 unable to pair after update

I'm glad I'm not the only one. After updating to v18 I cannot pair my vi speakers either!
I've tried everything I can think of too, so Bose please advise? Getting fed up with these update issues....
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Op have you sorted your problem out?

I still can't pair my vi speakers to my SoundTouch. Used to work fine, until I installed the V18 update, not happy.

What's concerned me even more is I can't see anyone else apart from you experiencing it?

And Bose aren't replying...
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2016

Nope i didnt try to re-pair it anymore. Awaiting for bose reply.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I've been trying. Still no luck. Wish Bose would acknowledge us. I've even made a separate post about it. No response.
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

I am holding back on V18 updates for now. It can be months before a fix can be released if a bug is found. Really wish there is an option to postpone the updates or roll back easily.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

I also experince same issue, or even worse one.

The upgrade to V18 was never ended successfully by itself, and i have to reset to factory default. And after that i run the re-paring, and the subwoofer was connected without any issue, but the VI can not be paired. I tried to unplug the VI and one on them connectted the other one still not, and connectivity led on soundbar was in amber blanking showed that both VI set to same side R/L, but the reality is not.

And then I unplugged both VI again and restart the reparing, and plug both again, after 3 - 4 minutes they worked fine.

Hopefully it will help you guys.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Thanks for the reply, I keep trying but having no luck.

Also, when I look at the release notes on my app. Its showing them all up to v17, and no Information about V18?

Is it like this for you guys too?
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

I called our local Bose store and they said if you are under warranty, you could request a replacement. But, this is not a comfort. The update downloaded itself! A new product would compromise itself, too! The amber light never appears, anymore. 

Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

No, a replacement isn't the answer.

Bose sorting out their flaky updates is the answer.

I really regret investing in them now, it's one thing after another. And they don't even appear on here to offer suggestions......