shyuanzhen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

VI300 cannot pair with ST300

Hi I bought an ST300 in Taiwan;however I cannot pair with VI300 which I bought in Japan. Not sure is this issue because of 2 products from different countries?
I’ve confirmed the ST300 is updated to the latest edition. How could I do now?
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: VI300 cannot pair with ST300

Hi shyuanzhen,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having pairing the VI300 with the ST300.

I have seen issues before where a ST300 and a set of VI300 speakers will not pair because of the different frequencies (frequency regulations in those specific countries).  We always recommend that system and components are purchased in the same country to avoid compatibility issues, but lets try troubleshooting your setup just to cover all of our bases.

Are the two receiver boxes for the VI300 set to different channels?  One should be set to "L", the other set to "R".  Lets unplug the power, make sure those are set correctly, plug back in, and attempt setup again.

What happens when you attempt setup?  Do you get any specific sort of LED blink pattern?

Best,

Brandon

Highlighted
shyuanzhen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 16, 2017

Hi Brandon,

Really appreciate for your reply!
When we purchased the VI300 in store, we didn’t receive the recommendation from any sales...So we feel very frustrated now...

Back to the troubleshooting steps..
I’ve checked 2 receiver boxes set to different channels and also did the setup again.
However, the LED of the wireless receivers are still blinking in amber color.
Hope this information is enough to you.

Shyuanzhen
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi there shyuanzhen,

Thanks for the information.  It does sound like the two are incompatible because of being purchased in different countries.  Which country are you located in?  You may want to contact Bose support in your country and see if you can return/replace the device that isn't compatible for your locale.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support