Highlighted
jprmusicman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Variable Bluetooth Delay

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well.

I posted a similar query in Home Theatre but have since discovered that it is occurring on both my ST20 as well as ST300 and wondered if anyone else was suffering from this issue or had a solution.

I have echo dot connected via Bluetooth and each time I reconnect there is a Different amount of delay. I accept and am happy with a Bluetooth delay (can adjust for the delay at source) but each time having to adjust to different amount is unsustainable.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Variable Bluetooth Delay

Hi jprmusicman,

Thanks for posting on the Community!

Can you elaborate a bit more on what the audio is delayed from?  Is this a video source or the Alexa voice? 

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

jprmusicman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Hi there Tony, thanks for responding.

The source in question is amazon music. I use echo dots for multiroom music which allows for latency adjustment to synchronise Bluetooth speakers. Once the system is set up and sync adjusted for soundtouch and other devices it sounds great. Unfortunately on reconnecting the soundtouch Bluetooth (either by turning ff or changing source) the delay on that system changes and is no longer in sync.

This doesn't happen with the soundlink mini I use or an unbranded Bluetooth receiver.

The Bluetooth sync also drifts when using apple tv as a source for st300 although less noticeable until it gets really bad.

Any advice on a solution is appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Hi James!

Thank you for your reply! 

There isn't really anything we can suggest for this issue as this is a limitation of Bluetooth. It is unable to retain settings and some speakers are more susceptible than others. I would recommend trying the multi-room feature in the SoundTouch app to see if this improves? However, in doing that you will be limited to just the Bose Systems. 

Let me know! 

Jessie - Community Support

jprmusicman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

Hello there Jessie. Thanks for replying.

I bought into the SoundTouch products specifically for the multiroom features, unfortunately, these cannot be controlled by voice service (skill not available in uk) so I’m trying salvage my investment (incidentally, why on earth is the SoundTouch adapter so expensive?). 

I think you may be misunderstanding my issue. I’m not trying to save any settings on the soundtouch’s bluetooth, simply expecting the same amount of latency on each use, this is what we get from other Bose products (Soundlink Mini, Soundlink Colour & QC35). I of cause expect an amount of latency over Bluetooth, even the occasional glitch, but the consistently variable amount of delay is something I’ve found unique to SoundTouch, suggesting this is the norm for Bluetooth is incorrect.

If there is a way to correct this fault I would appreciate hearing it. I’ve seen many other users on here threatening to return products, but I enjoy the sound of the speakers and even though I’m unable to use the features as advertised, I’d still like to find a way to get this to work.

many thanks for your help.

james

Hi jprmusicman, 

Thank you for explaining the issue in more detail for us and I do appreciate your comments.

you are correct, the multiroom function with voice command is not available within the UK, which leaves only to connect Amazon Alexa devices via Bluetooth.

With regards to the Bluetooth connection, you have mentioned you have turned off the device and switched sources to try and resolve the issue. If possible, can I ask if you could clear the Bluetooth lists on both the Alexa device and your Soundtouch speakers, then reconnect them to see if this improves with the latency?

• To clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the ST20 - press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds
  • To clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the ST300 - Using the remote control, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds
  • please follow this link for further information to remove devices from the Alexa Echo Dot

I hope this resolves the issue, however if it does not, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support